NPD - Tech21 Leeds - anyone else?

rze99rze99 Frets: 2283
I used to use a Hiwatt stack way back in my teens and before I got my Marshall MV stack.

Before the days of attenuators it was impractical to use being louder than Concorde and was too clean for what I wanted. The bass player in the band ended up with it and his Ric bass sounded great through it.

While I'd certainly fancy a vintage 70s Hiwatt again, short of suspending it from the ceiling I have no room for it.

I saw this used Leeds pedal and had to snap it up. I have an SG with P90s ready to let rip!

Anyone else have one or used one in the past. If so how do you use it?

15446197343922081244785984042319jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've owned a Blonde and Liverpool which were both really very good. I remember the Leeds was also very highly regarded by those that owned one. What are you going to run it through? They work best either direct or into an FX return/power amp
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2283
    I've owned a Blonde and Liverpool which were both really very good. I remember the Leeds was also very highly regarded by those that owned one. What are you going to run it through? They work best either direct or into an FX return/power amp
    it was an impulse purchase and I'll just try it a bunch of ways including in front of various existing amps such as my DRRI just as alternative tone profile / pre-amp or boost for solo to see if / where it fits best.

From the YT demos I've seen it seems really flexible.

I do love Live at Leeds... so maybe I'll just go direct into the desk and just play along for fun. :)
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    I have one on my board. I tend to use it as a clean preamp into combo FX returns when I don't fancy using the amp front end, and it works great like that. 
    I'd probably experiment with it a bit more, but I rarely get my main board out between gigs and rehearsals.
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2283
    Trude said:
    I have one on my board. I tend to use it as a clean preamp into combo FX returns when I don't fancy using the amp front end, and it works great like that. 
    I'd probably experiment with it a bit more, but I rarely get my main board out between gigs and rehearsals.

Thanks @Trude useful to know how it would for you.
    I just tried it very briefly straight in the front of my DDRI at low volume and it is certainly a different tone flavour and it can add easy grit and dirt. Those controls have huge sweep so plenty to play with to find the sweet spots for me.