Discussion Thread for "Rate My Guitar"

What's Hot

Comments

• Tenebrous said:

This guitar that @not_the_dj posted is an absolute gorgeous guitar to me. I'm typically not a fan of LPs, or that colour, but all things considered, I think it's the best looking guitar in the thread so far.

Thanks @Tenebrous it was a 40th birthday pressie to myself a few years back. 
    It has a pylon stuck on it and thus must be destroyed! :) 
    I’ve given that horrid bass of yours a dislike lol. The one that Dali could have painted ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    If its any consolation, I've tried to vote on them all, and have done it properly. :) 

@Sporky finally we know who the wizzer is ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Alvin said:
    There are loads of lol's for some really cool guitars on there and if it was genuine dislike there must be a lot of people who are visually impaired and have a lack of taste .  It's still  pretty funny either way - lets hope if there is another brexit referendum Fretboarders will be disqualified from voting .
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts too, mate. 

Again, I've said this a few times over the past few weeks...context as to why someone likes or dislikes something would be helpful, with an example of what they do like, would be even better. Granted, the thread doesn't lend itself to such discussion, but it would be interesting to interrogate the statistics a little more.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2602
    tFB Trader

Well I guess the results were always going to be the same..  Some people have different taste to me.. Some people have more similar taste to me..

While its kind of interesting, I don't expect any new answers out of it  :)

I have always wanted a good idea of what people really think of my half and half guitar though. But I expect only a few will like it since its neither a burst or a super flamey PRS  ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • terada said:
    If its any consolation, I've tried to vote on them all, and have done it properly. :) 

@Sporky finally we know who the wizzer is ;)
    That's the spirit!

• TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    edited December 2018
    Alvin said:
    There are loads of lol's for some really cool guitars on there and if it was genuine dislike there must be a lot of people who are visually impaired and have a lack of taste .  It's still  pretty funny either way - lets hope if there is another brexit referendum Fretboarders will be disqualified from voting .

Again, I've said this a few times over the past few weeks...context as to why someone likes or dislikes something would be helpful, with an example of what they do like, would be even better. Granted, the thread doesn't lend itself to such discussion, but it would be interesting to interrogate the statistics a little more.
    I've lol'd at a few guitars in that thread, and my biggest reason for doing so is that I don't like guitars that are unironically garish. Like, my RG looks OTT & stupid, but it's an 80s Superstrat so it gets away with it from me. Meanwhile, heavily flamed tops, bindings all over the place & sparkly hardware just never did it for me.

But that doesn't really cover it properly, as I absolutely love the look of Dusenbergs... I can't explain it, I give up.
  • Tenebrous said:
    Alvin said:

I've lol'd at a few guitars in that thread, and my biggest reason for doing so is that I don't like guitars that are unironically garish. Like, my RG looks OTT & stupid, but it's an 80s Superstrat so it gets away with it from me. Meanwhile, heavily flamed tops, bindings all over the place & sparkly hardware just never did it for me.
    Perfect answer. Thanks fella.

• RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    The thread has reminded me of Rate my Ass....That was a glorious thing.

I'm just waiting for someone to post a Chapman
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    2 out of the 3 I posted are getting more lol's than wows :o I've a sneaky feeling that the Yamaha would get a few more of the latter if it didn't say Yamaha on the headstock, but hmmm ;)
    Well whatever consensus is here, I'm guessing cool is the opposite, and that's fine by me
  • I've voted for everything so far, just on a simple gut reaction for each. I did find that I was Lol'ing more than wow'ing though
  • I have entered.

Be very, very careful.

;)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited December 2018
    Personally I just like looking at guitars ... don't care about the fact nobody likes my guitars .... :-)

Don't bank on the fact that people understand the rules ....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Quite happy with the way it's caught to be honest, good thread with plenty of voting going on!

Quite happy with the way it's caught to be honest, good thread with plenty of voting going on!
    Its great now, but its only just started. I fear you may have opened Pandora's thread ;)
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27569
    Alvin said:
    There are loads of lol's for some really cool guitars on there and if it was genuine dislike there must be a lot of people who are visually impaired and have a lack of taste . 
    Different taste isn't a lack of taste - I'm not sure if you were serious when you posted this but if so it seems remarkably blinkered and dismissive of other people liking different stuff than you.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Natural finish guitars/where you can see the grain guitars have gotten all the wows from me.. also find myself attracted to many of the hollow bodies.. uh oh.. 

Not so keen on flame tops (les pauls with that line down the middle ;) )
  • Hick81Hick81 Frets: 122
    My taste in guitars is fairly bland and traditional - not too keen on anything trying to be too pretty. I also LOL the black beauty. Now I love black beauties, one of my all time favourites. But in the picture it looked too gold and shiny. i probably should've Wiz'd it, but as i thought it was some light hearted inane internet fun which wasn't intended to offend I didn't really give it much thought. I scrolled through the pictures and went with my first impression based on the photo. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11411
    terada said:
    If its any consolation, I've posted them all, and have done it properly. :) 

FTFY

Given how many you have posted up, you'd better be careful to make sure who you give your address to.
    crunchman said:
    terada said:
    If its any consolation, I've posted them all, and have done it properly. :) 

FTFY

Given how many you have posted up, you'd better be careful to make sure who you give your address to.
    For any thieves monitoring my posts, I ONLY HAVE PICS BECAUSE THEY'VE BEEN UP FOR SALE AND MOSTLY SOLD.