The Cure, Radiohead, Roxy Music, Def Leppard, Zombies & 2 American ladies..

What's Hot
FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
edited December 2018 in Music
If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Freebird said:
    Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2019 indictees.
    They've been indicted?  Surely inducting them would have been a more appropriate recognition of their contributions?
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    Freebird said:
    They've been indicted?  Surely inducting them would have been a more appropriate recognition of their contributions?
    Autocorrupt is at it again  :)
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    The Zombies? Two albums in their original 1960s run. So, effectively they’re getting an accolade for 2 or 3 hit singles. Did they have a big impact on contemporary music? Might as well stick Fine Young Cannibals and Manhattan Transfer in there while they’re  at it.
    (Before anyone points out that the Sex Pistols only recorded one album - I would state that they did actually have an effect on music.)
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    About time for Roxy Music ... their early albums were sheer class. Saw them loads of times live.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72237
    Freebird said:
    Indicted is more accurate for a couple of them...

Pointless concept anyway. Kraftwerk 'not making the cut' proves it conclusively, just in case there was any doubt.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11287
    AlexC said:
    The Zombies? Two albums in their original 1960s run. So, effectively they’re getting an accolade for 2 or 3 hit singles. Did they have a big impact on contemporary music? Might as well stick Fine Young Cannibals and Manhattan Transfer in there while they’re  at it.
    (Before anyone points out that the Sex Pistols only recorded one album - I would state that they did actually have an effect on music.)

Odessey and Oracle is the great lost British psychedelic album.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22706
    scrumhalf said:
    AlexC said:

Odessey and Oracle is the great lost British psychedelic album.
    I've never been able to find it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    Freebird said:
    They've been indicted?  Surely inducting them 
    Or inducing them :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    viz said:
    Freebird said:
    They've been indicted?  Surely inducting them 
    Or inducing them :)
    Inflicted upon us?
  • AlexC said:

Not sure I understand much about the hall of fame but The Zombies begat us Rod Argent and Colin Blunstone as well as the band’s own output. So, I guess, they have a reasonable place in the history of rock and/ or roll. 
    Manhattan Transfer were one of the first bands I ever saw live, I enjoyed them. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4524
    I'm a big fan of The Cure and early to middle Radiohead but this is still the best thing in that article

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
    ICBM said:
    Freebird said:
    Indicted is more accurate for a couple of them...

Pointless concept anyway. Kraftwerk 'not making the cut' proves it conclusively, just in case there was any doubt.
    Janet Jackson getting in ahead of Chaka Khan/Rufus  is a bloody travesty too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom