What's Hot
MikeBMikeB Frets: 176
I know I'm a fan boy but this was just superb

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14166
    edited December 2018 tFB Trader
    interesting and some nice ideas

In a very bad way on my part, I try to play various covers as instrumentals - I don't want to do the single note Hank Marvin approach - Or indeed the complex jazz approach - So nice to see that whilst I can't do what he is doing, my thought pattern is okay - IMO when playing on your own it has more 'structure/purpose' then just twiddling away with blues licks that you forget moments later - So almost a measure end game is possible, that still has an open landscape for your own ideas
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6898
    Given that just about everyone over 30 knows this song word by word and note by note it’s a nice piece to play - but a challenge as well as we are looking for all those things to be accurately replicated. He does a fine job.

So does this guy:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UfZmMJKIBec
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
    Speaking as a mainly acoustic finger picking style guitarist, I find the majority of acoustic versions of this kind of thing quite boring

but I really like this because he (don’t know who he is) is using the various aspects of his guitar and amp etc to contribute to the song. Very enjoyable
  • That was excellent, thanks for postin.