Relic guitars

What's Hot
I know opinion is devided on these guitars, I just wondered how many other things the public can be persuaded to buy that are already looking worn out? Jeans, furniture.....cars?
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    It's not a case of being persuaded to buy, worn stuff generally looks better. Does not apply to Thai brides.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3450
    Shabby Chic , I have to say , looks awful in my eyes.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3588
    robgilmo said:
    My eyes look shabby chic. We used to say they looked like road maps!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Christ o mighty this has been done so many times. 

Looks like another repetitive thread will ensue based around someone’s annoyance at a non story. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    robgilmo said:

Great name for a tribute band though.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24268
    It's just another finish option.

It's as polarising as neon pink and even poo burst. It just happens to be far more time consuming to get right than a traditional finish.

If you don't like it, the don't buy it.

Personally I don't care what colour a guitar is. Colour is way down my list of priorities when I'm picking an instrument. Ease of playing / balance / weight / tone etc are all far more important than colour or even the shape of it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12313
    As above it’s just a finish choice some like black some like white some like sparkly. Some like crystal clear music production some like lo fi and some like overproduced music. It doesn’t matter.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28157
    As above it’s just a finish choice some like black some like white some like sparkly. Some like crystal clear music production some like lo fi and some like overproduced music. It doesn’t matter.
    Some of us like all of those apart from white.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31586
    It's just showbiz, one of the many style options available for a performer, just like clothing is. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16092
     BrownLeathergoods,especially boots, saddles,jackets, deck shoes and Black Biker Jackets /waistcoats look so much better when they are worn in.
    Most Chesterfield Sofa manufacturers distress them to look like worn old Club Sofas these days......it's a good Look.
    Timothy Oulton makes a great job of it.
    Land Rovers however, they dont look 'right' unless they have been abused beyond any sane persons idea of worn out. Unless its faked, spray on mud is actually a thing, I shit you not. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16092
    Quite.......a shiny Landie on a Monday morning is a dead giveaway of the skint-members who don't have an Estate to go to at weekends ......phoneys I tell you !
  • I don't mind a relic. It's a personal preference though people either like it or they don't but it's not worth losing sleep over really 

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    edited December 2018
    I don't really care what it looks like as long as it works, cars, guitars........women!

I work with guys who look forward to cleaning the car at the weekend and they call me dull for playing guitar! 3 hours a weekend lost, to never get back, and if the engine blows it blows regardless of how shiny it is.

Dominic said:
    Quite.......a shiny Landie on a Monday morning is a dead giveaway of the skint-members who don't have an Estate to go to at weekends ......phoneys I tell you !
    A shiney landy is a bit like pulling a 51 tele out of a case covered in old transport stickers, pulling down the brim of your hat, connecting your lead that runs into a lovely battered vintage tweed amp then playing two notes on one string like it was the first time you ever held a guitar. All the while thinking to your self Jimi, stand aside. If you own a nice shiny Landy you arnt using it right.