Difference between Mojo Pickups Broadcaster and Esquire pickups

What's Hot
Hey Guys, I'm in the market for an A3 43AWG Telecaster bridge pickup. I was umming and arghing about another rumpelstiltskin Black rope original or Cavalier Esquire pickup from across the pond but thought I'd look at English builders. Mojo pickups have got my attention, the Broadcaster is 11K & the Esquire is 12K. I want a pretty Raw and gritty pickup, not woolly or compressed, No ice pick highs, just grunt for rock with twang, can any body help?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Can’t comment on those particular pickups... but... I have the ‘59 set in both my teles and can safely say they are the best sounding tele pickups I’ve had in there.

you won’t be disappointed with anything Marc sends you to be fair!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Don't overlook (Oil City) @TheGuitarWeasel and @Alegree either. They'e both producing some lovely stuff too. Ash at Oil City is a big fan of Teles and has a great range, and there are some nice reviews of Alegree's stuff too on here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Just ask Marc @Mojopickups ;
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 907
    edited December 2018
    I asked Marc this very question recently, his answer was that they are very similar but the Esquire sounds slightly fuller. I went for the Esquire and it does sound fuller, and a bit darker, than my Oil City 49er. I really like it!
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    They are both epic pickups.

Both still have sparkle, and sound open and full - no dark, woolly compression despite the relatively high resistance. 

Frankly if if you are uk based, I would not buy an imported pickup - we have some of the best pickup winders in the world right here in Blighty.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • john_rjohn_r Frets: 129
    I have had both in the same guitar and concur with Johnnyseven, the esquire is slightly fuller but there is not a lot in it, both are fantastic.