Help identifying this gibson...

poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
right then, a guitar has been dropped off to a pals for some tlc... gibson 12 string... we’re told pre 60’s... no serial and no model number anywhere...

fancy a game of “name that guitar”...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    edited December 2018
    Gibson B45-12. 

Edit: the book says no trapeze/upper belly bridge should be '62-'65. Probably the only way to narrow it down would be to discover a batch number stamped somewhere inside...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72309
    It's also early 1960s and not pre-60s. The model was made from 1961 onwards, but I think the earliest had 'slope' shoulders which this one doesn't, and from 1965 onwards they changed to a trapeze tailpiece, so I would guess more like 1963-64.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Cheers chaps... allegedly used on the start of space odity and here comes the sun!!!!!
  • AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    N.B. it has the classic Gibson - headstock / neck crack / break -
    be aware.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72309
    poopot said:
    Cheers chaps... allegedly used on the start of space odity and here comes the sun!!!!!
    That actual one?!

AliGorie said:
    be aware.
    Looks to have been reasonably well-repaired and not a complete clean-off in the first place, but yes be aware.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    AliGorie said:
    be aware.
    Yep... not mine so don’t care :)

ICBM said:
    poopot said:
    That actual one?!

Apparently so!... need to do a bit more digging but looks to be the case!