Suhr Reactive Load IR

What's Hot
hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
edited December 2018 in Amps
Suhr have updated their excellent Reactive Load by adding Celestion IRs

"Included with Reactive Load I.R. are 16 impulse responses of authorized Suhr speaker cabinets created by Celestion. Included are impulse responses from the Suhr Badger, Bella, Hedgehog, PT, and 412 cabinets.

Reactive Load I.R. is an open system, which means you can connect it via USB to a computer and load your favorite third party impulse responses"

Bank 1

(1.1) Cab 1 : Suhr G12M Greenback 4x12 C SM57 Balanced Celestion 

(1.2) Cab 2 : Suhr G12M Greenback 4x12 C Hi-Gn 121+57 Celestion 

(1.3) Cab 3 : Suhr G12M Greenback 4x12 C SM57 Fat Celestion 

(1.4) Cab 4 : Suhr G12M Greenback 4x12 C Lo-Gn 421+121 Celestion 

Bank 2: 

(2.1) Cab 1 : Suhr V30 4x12 C SM57 Balanced Celestion 

(2.2) Cab 2 : Suhr V30 4x12 C Hi-Gn 121+57 Celestion 

(2.3) Cab 3 : Suhr V30 4x12 C SM57 Fat Celestion 

(2.4) Cab 4 : Suhr V30 4x12 C Lo-Gn 421+121 Celestion 

Bank 3

(3.1) Cab 1 : Suhr PT G12-75H Creamback 2x12 C SM57 Fat Celestion

(3.2) Cab 2 : Suhr PT G12-75H Creamback 2x12 C Hi-Gn 121+57 Celestion 

(3.3) Cab 3 : Suhr Hedgehog G12-65 2x12 O SM57 Fat Celestion 

(3.4) Cab 4 : Suhr Hedgehog G12-65 2x12 O Hi-Gn 121+57 Celestion

Bank 4: 

(4.1) Cab 1 : Suhr Badger V30 1x12 C SM57 Balanced Celestion 

(4.2) Cab 2 : Suhr Badger V30 1x12 C Hi-Gn 121+57 Celestion 

(4.3) Cab 3 : Suhr Bella V-Type 1x12 O SM57 Dark Celestion 

(4.4) Cab 4 : Suhr Bella V-Type 1x12 O Hi-Gn 121+57 Celestion 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Looks good, like that they still kept it simple. Is this Suhr’s first digital product? 
    Not enough to tempt me away from the OX, as the post prod effects really make the headphone experience something else.
  • There is a PT100 plugin for the Universal Audio interfaces and obviously things like the Hedgehog have MIDI
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    Any idea on UK price yet? I'd rather this than an Ox Box as I don't have or want to buy into the apple ecosystem.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    TTBZ said:
    Any idea on UK price yet? I'd rather this than an Ox Box as I don't have or want to buy into the apple ecosystem.
    6 hunnert.

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/181121335116003--suhr-reactive-load-ir
  • That's actually mega expensive for what it is, imho.

Bye!

• That's actually mega expensive for what it is, imho.
    Indeed. Take the Reactive Load at £370, add £80 for the AMT Pangaea module and a couple of controls, and some work to wire it together...£500?

Even better, take the Torpedo Captor and do the same, and do it for £350 instead.
    <space for hire>
    That's actually mega expensive for what it is, imho.
    Indeed. Take the Reactive Load at £370, add £80 for the AMT Pangaea module and a couple of controls, and some work to wire it together...£500?

Even better, take the Torpedo Captor and do the same, and do it for £350 instead.
    Don’t underestimate what appeal an all in one box has to many, easily worth £100 for the simple reason of not having to connect multiple devices.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindude said:
    That's actually mega expensive for what it is, imho.

Don’t underestimate what appeal an all in one box has to many, easily worth £100 for the simple reason of not having to connect multiple devices.
    I wasn't talking about the Pangaea pedal - I mean the PCB module. That's literally all they've added to the Suhr Reactive Load to make the Reactive Load/IR.
    <space for hire>
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Other than the difference levels of attenuation on the UA ox, what's the difference between this, the ox, and torpedo live?
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 400
    edited December 2018
    The OX and the Torpedo Live both offer more complex speaker/mic simulation engines. The Torpedo Live can also work with IRs (like this unit) but the UA OX can't.

I use the original Suhr Reactive Load with a Two Notes CAB and both cost me quite a bit less than this unit's price. Still, some might prefer an all-in-one solution, as mentioned above.
  • PablocrackersPablocrackers Frets: 181
    edited December 2018
    The Ox built in Reverb, compression, delays and fx’s etc are world class which you get built in. Emt plate reverb, 1176 etc all built in plus the room mics you can dial in to taste which make a huge difference to the sound & you can choose how hard to drive the actual speakers cone cry etc 
    The Ox built in Reverb, compression, delays and fx’s etc are world class which you get built in. Emt plate reverb, 1176 etc all built in plus the room mics you can dial in to taste which make a huge difference to the sound & you can choose how hard to drive the actual speakers cone cry etc 
    Indeed, the bit that I've discovered turns headphone practice from "OK" to "I actually want to use it" is to have room / reverb post amp (even on top of amp spring) - amp reverb is a very different thing and can still leave headphones sounding very dry, unrealistic and uninspiring.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Can this be used as an attenuator as well? 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 400
    No, it can't.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Oh. That's a bit poop. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.