Anybody use a Kindle for guitar tab?

What's Hot
Hi all

Anybody use a kindle for guitar tab books? Does it show only full page or can it zoom in the same way it does for normal books ie sensibly bumping bars forwards etc
Thanks
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    IME zooming is limited. In the books I've used on Kindle, the tab or notation appears as a kind of image which won't really zoom. Perhaps try a couple of sample books and see how you get on. I have found that sometimes using the Kindle app on my iPad works better for this than the actual Kindle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The one I use on the Kindle is bollocks. I still write the progressions out on A4 and slip them into a project binder
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    edited December 2018
    I only occasionally leave book reviews on Amazon but the usual gist is:  "crappy Kindle version"
    It is possible to make good e-books.
    But not everyone does.  We await that day.

FWIW I got an iPad, one of the big 12.9" ones solely for reading .pdf files -- which might seem extravagant but I have to read a lot of them and it's the easiest way by far to have them life size.
    Bonus of that iPad though is that it makes transcription so much easier.
    Because with a program like Procreate you can have a bit of blank guitar tab as the background layer and scribe in another layer on top of it till you get it right.  And  then add another layer of colours if that helps etc.  Love it.
    One I did yesterday:

from this:
    Michael Schenker's Temple of Rock, "Lovedrive" -- On a Mission: Live in Madrid 2015
     ~ 3:00- 3:02

• Yeah I've looked in cash converters for the 12.9" iPads but they are huge amounts of money for a pdf reader, I think I'd rather just keep the books to be honest :)

Cheers all though for the tips
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic