SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - ESP George Lynch GL-56 Japanese Custom Shop relic strat RARE

What's Hot
LeiversaloneLeiversalone Frets: 343
edited February 2019 in Guitars £

Best strat I've ever owned, neck is awesome, super fast.

These don't come up very often so grab one while you can . . .

The general specs on the guitar are distinctly Fenderesque: a bolt-on maple neck with a 25.5″ scale and alder body. As for its “modded” qualities, the neck features 22 extra jumbo frets and a 42mm bone nut, along with nickel hardware, and Sperzel locking tuners. A nice touch is the contoured heel to allow for better upper-fret access. On the other end of the guitar you’ll find a Gotoh bridge and an SSH pickup configuration featuring a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates humbucker in the bridge position and two ESP SS-120 single coils in the neck and middle slots.Finally, there’s that glorious, well-beaten finish, known at ESP as a “distressed two-tone burst.” Whatever you call it, it’s still gorgeous. The implied fingerboard wear is highly seductive, as are the faux belt-buckle gouges, crackly vanish, hints of rust on the humbucker, and other signs of delicious abuse and neglect. The plastic knobs and pickup covers have been cleverly “yellowed,” too. (strap locks are now on another guitar and original strap buttons back where they should be.)

5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24239
    Bradders, is that you?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7140
    edited December 2018
    Have you changed the tuners on it?  They look a little wonky. EDIT I just checked ESP official spec and they are standard, they all look a little wonky in pics as well, so maybe just a 'feature' LOL

Always fancied one of these, but not got the cash at this time of the year, pity...

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12664
    A friend had one of these - truly STONKING guitar. Really good sounding/playing.
    GLWTS
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Lovely guitar and Reuben @Leiversalone is a pleasure to deal with. Buy with confidence 
  • Thank you @hairmetal and for everyone's other kind comments, it truly is a stonking guitar, thought I'd never sell this, but tastes change. Also Christmas is bloody expensive! 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5143
    It’s amazing.... I’ve wanted the last 3 guitars you’ve had up for grabs recently.... you have great taste in gear... GLWTS :)
  • BUMP!
  • Are you sure its a CS? The SS usually means standard production
  • Although obviously not a custom build (one off), information online says because these were one of the most expensive, high spec models, they were built in the custom shop in Japan. That's what I was going on. It's certainly custom shop quality. I believe the SS stands for signature series.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7140
    Such a sweet guitar, just a shame its December!

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• Although obviously not a custom build (one off), information online says because these were one of the most expensive, high spec models, they were built in the custom shop in Japan. That's what I was going on. It's certainly custom shop quality. I believe the SS stands for signature series.
    Cant find any info saying its made in CS. SS means standard series. Not saying it's not a good guitar (I've had so many ESP's thru the years - also some very good SS). 

This was a CS: https://reverb.com/item/12597143-esp-gl-56-custom-shop-george-lynch-2004-distressed-sunburst

Not trying to bash your guitar, It's looks great. But to be sure write ESP and have them confirm. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • New Year Bump! Offers .  .  ?

• tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    edited January 2019

ESP are a bit odd. They have a number of workshops in Japan and a number of levels of production in the custom shop.

All non LTD signature series guitars are made in the custom shop, but can be stamped SS or CS.

The one you posted isn't a Lynch. It's a custom ordered variation on a Lynch, made to order, hence the custom shop stamp.

The Lynch for sale here is a custom shop instrument.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Price reduced
  • Mr Scary bump!

• I can't begin to tell you how much I want this guitar. If I wasn't moving house on March 1st I'd absolutely bite your hand off. If this is still available after March 1st and my house move doesn't cost more than I anticipate then I'll be messaging you. I've got the GL-256 and it's superb. I can only imagine how good this is.

No offence but I really hope it doesn't sell. Now to sell my SE Tremonti for more funds...

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• Steve-OSteve-O Frets: 37
    Nice guitar there.Would be interested but I'm just selling myself for the time being...
  • Mucho Mojo Bumpage

• BUMP!

• Bump