Solskjaer OUT!!!! (& Man U still rubbish!)

What's Hot

Comments

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4699

I’m looking forward to games now, for a change.
    Of course we are underdogs to PSG and Liverpool but at least we will be positive and certainly dangerous going forward now some pace has been released.

Burnley first though and they have had a few good results lately (although not going well today)....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    I woke up this morning still buzzing about the game. Yes, Arsenal have injuries, and yes, they played well at times, but United looked to have answers. They managed to fit Sanchez and Lukaku in,and still played with the fluency that they have had recently. When Arsenal attacked, United did a reasonable job of defending, and always looked dangerous on the counter. 

Even at the beginning when it was all Arsenal, United were misplacing passes, and just looked a bit nervous, it was obvious that they were going to get chances.

All I can say is, thanks Liverpool, we owe you big time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    edited January 2019

I am from, and grew up in Blackburn. In the 70s and 80s we were a traditional club, not very glamourous, and were playing in front of small crowds, and a very average team.

Consequently, lots of kids followed Man U or Liverpool. As you got a bit older, anyone not supporting their local club, but choosing a "glory" club was derided a bit, and not seen as a "proper" fan. So, you grew to make out that you really disliked both Man U and Liverpool. However, to most kids from the North West, these two clubs were the rock n roll of footy. Had the best kits, the cool dude players, and everyone wanted a full Man U or L'pool team in your Panini sticker album.

The glam of both clubs always pulled you a bit. So, I do like both clubs and want to see both doing well and up there.

Until we are back in the PL at least.

OSG is doing a cracking job and is a real example of the effect of right manager right club, right time. This is the fella who won the European Cup by scoring at the death.

Seems to have the right set of assistants around him too: a bunch of people who "get" Man U. Mike Phelan sweat blood and tears as a player too. I think they would be daft to give the job to someone else, unless (against all current odds) the wheels come of OSG's tenure.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    Snap said:

I am from, and grew up in Blackburn. In the 70s and 80s we were a traditional club, not very glamourous, and were playing in front of small crowds, and a very average team.

Consequently, lots of kids followed Man U or Liverpool. As you got a bit older, anyone not supporting their local club, but choosing a "glory" club was derided a bit, and not seen as a "proper" fan. So, you grew to make out that you really disliked both Man U and Liverpool. However, to most kids from the North West, these two clubs were the rock n roll of footy. Had the best kits, the cool dude players, and everyone wanted a full Man U or L'pool team in your Panini sticker album.

The glam of both clubs always pulled you a bit. So, I do like both clubs and want to see both doing well and up there.

Until we are back in the PL at least.

OSG is doing a cracking job and is a real example of the effect of right manager right club, right time. This is the fella who won the European Cup by scoring at the death.

Seems to have the right set of assistants around him too: a bunch of people who "get" Man U. Mike Phelan sweat blood and tears as a player too. I think they would be daft to give the job to someone else, unless (against all current odds) the wheels come of OSG's tenure.

Can you imagine if OSG get to the end of the season and end up say...3rd or 4th, did a good run in CL, perhaps wins the FA cup and then not get the job...United brings in big name manager and then 6 months later that guy getst he JM treatment and sacked. 

United would be backed at square 1 again.  

If OSG continues to do well, qualifies for Europe (cup competition is a bonus), they should give him the job.   There will always be other managers in Europe but if this one is clicking with the players and getting the job done.  Let him continue to get the job done.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    Can you imagine if OSG get to the end of the season and end up say...3rd or 4th, did a good run in CL, perhaps wins the FA cup and then not get the job...United brings in big name manager and then 6 months later that guy getst he JM treatment and sacked. 

United would be backed at square 1 again.  

If OSG continues to do well, qualifies for Europe (cup competition is a bonus), they should give him the job.   There will always be other managers in Europe but if this one is clicking with the players and getting the job done.  Let him continue to get the job done.
    To my mind they HAVE to keep him if he can deliver top four. It is still a big ask. I hope he stays, win or lose it feels like Man U again for the first time in years.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Just drawn Chelsea away in the FA cup... of course.

Out of all the teams it could have been:

1 Swansea City
    2 AFC Wimbledon
    3 Shrewsbury Town or Wolverhampton Wanderers
    4 Millwall
    5 Brighton & Hove Albion or West Bromwich Albion
    6 Bristol City
    7 Derby County
    8 Doncaster Rovers
    9 Chelsea
    10 Watford
    11 Middlesbrough or Newport County
    12 Manchester City
    13 Barnet or Brentford
    14 Portsmouth or Queens Park Rangers
    15 Manchester United
    16 Crystal Palace

sigh.  Still, fancy our chances as it stands, they are below form but Hazard generally does well against us
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    To those thinking Solskjaer should get the job if he does well... Remember Di Matteo at Chelsea, is all I'll say.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bidley said:
    To those thinking Solskjaer should get the job if he does well... Remember Di Matteo at Chelsea, is all I'll say.
    There is always that possibility, but it does seem like Ole has turned things around personally, where I seem to recall with Chelsea at the time it felt more like Di Matteo had the reins but the team did the business themselves. Chelsea fans feel free to correct me!
  • joeyowen said:
    Just drawn Chelsea away in the FA cup... of course.

Out of all the teams it could have been:

1 Swansea City
    2 AFC Wimbledon
    3 Shrewsbury Town or Wolverhampton Wanderers
    4 Millwall
    5 Brighton & Hove Albion or West Bromwich Albion
    6 Bristol City
    7 Derby County
    8 Doncaster Rovers
    9 Chelsea
    10 Watford
    11 Middlesbrough or Newport County
    12 Manchester City
    13 Barnet or Brentford
    14 Portsmouth or Queens Park Rangers
    15 Manchester United
    16 Crystal Palace

sigh.  Still, fancy our chances as it stands, they are below form but Hazard generally does well against us
    The way we're playing Mate, I don't fear any of 'em. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    If we get past Chelsea, the only team there that we should realistically fear is City. I know it is the cup, and anything can happen, but I win in the next round would obviously put us in a great position for another final. If we get past Chelsea though...
  • Even going down 2-0 to Burnley is alright 
    Even going down 2-0 to Burnley is alright 
    Don't worry, Fergie time kicked in
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4699

I knew it was going to be one of those nights when Rashford missed a sitter.

Missed Herrera last night, but at least we came back and at least there were lots of attempts, their defence was excellent for most of the game.
  • As a Palace fan I've always disliked Utd since being about 30 yards from the infamous Cantona kick on the night.  Man Utd's PR machine went into overdrive, demonising the bloke he kicked whilst painting EC as some sort of saintly misunderstood romantic figure. There was a lot of ill feeling afterwards and a Palace fan was killed shortly after in what a lot of people thought was an attack prompted by the EC events.

In saying that though , Ole seems like a breath or fresh air and I'm actually enjoying watching Utd at the moment, especially Rashford and Linguard who seem likeable blokes as well as being great players.

Hopefully we beat them in the Final for a change this year.
  • @DrCornelius ;I'd rather we concentrate on not making Southampton look like fucking Brazil for a change! We need 3 points tonight!

It's getting a bit squeaky bum time down the bottom! 

Re United, the run of wins was bound to end at some point. Got a sneaky feeling we will get something off them too! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • @Legionreturns too right mate, I’d love to be there tonight but I’m off to the Bournemouth v Chelsea game for work instead.  I’d be happy to leave St Mary’s with a draw , would be great if Benteke could get some game time too.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12352
    @DrCornelius ;I'd rather we concentrate on not making Southampton look like fucking Brazil for a change! We need 3 points tonight!

Re United, the run of wins was bound to end at some point. Got a sneaky feeling we will get something off them too! 
    Its very difficult to make the scummers look like Brazil!  Although they are doing well with their new manager.

@ourmaninthenorth you forgot to mention "or Portsmouth" when talking of the team to fear : )

• munckee said:
    @DrCornelius ;I'd rather we concentrate on not making Southampton look like fucking Brazil for a change! We need 3 points tonight!

Its very difficult to make the scummers look like Brazil!  Although they are doing well with their new manager.

@ourmaninthenorth you forgot to mention "or Portsmouth" when talking of the team to fear : )

The only thing I fear about Portsmouth is Pogba going on one of his surging runs, forgetting where he is, and carrying on into the Channel......

=) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah a few too many changes last night which upset the rhythm. Not sure if Pogba touched the ball in the first 15/20 minutes! Good to salvage a point, and the run had to end at some point. 

Amazing night for Liverpool though. Based on history they really look like they have it in the bag if they can get the points tonight.
  • munckee said: Its very difficult to make the scummers look like Brazil!  Although they are doing well with their new manager.
    Yet we seem to manage it every time we play them! :/ 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you