Deaf Havana - my new obsession

jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
edited April 2014 in Music
Having stumbled across a song by Deaf Havana called 'Boston Square' on team rock radio last week, I've listened to the album it comes off, 'Old Souls', over 50 times and it's probably my favourite album of the last few years.

They immediately reminded me of The Gaslight Anthem and after hearing the whole album, they are a mash up of the gaslight anthem, fall out boy and Bruce Springsteen. Great song writing, great vocals, and this album is mixed perfectly to my ears.

Their previous release isn't mixed quite ax well and is a bit more emo-y, but still good. And the deluxe version that features re-worked versions of every song (most of which are as good, if not better than the original), is beyond awesome.

I literally cannot get enough of this band.

Here is Boston Square for your listening pleasure

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10267
    Quite liked this song when it was out as a single,

I think one of the members left shortly after and they changed their sound a fair bit.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    This is relevant to my interests. Will have a listen :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    edited April 2014
    Wikipedia tells me they're from Hunstanton. I really hope I like them - gotta love a band from the Shire :)

Crikey, the early screamy stuff is bloody awful. But the new one isn't bad, I think
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    Wikipedia tells me they're from Hunstanton. I really hope I like them - gotta love a band from the Shire :)

Crikey, the early screamy stuff is bloody awful. But the new one isn't bad, I think

Is right. Their screamo stuff is pretty piss poor. They made a documentary which is a bonus item on the old souls album and basically say that they hate their first album and all the screaming stuff and where they're at now is where they want to be.

Give old souls a couple of spins, it will grow on you, I can guarantee it.
    Quite liked this song when it was out as a single,

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4zPmv2MC6I4

I think one of the members left shortly after and they changed their sound a fair bit.

Indeed they did. I actually like that song as well - the chorus is catchy as fuck! But the lyrics make absolutely no sense and it's really badly written. Their newer stuff is completely different, but moar awesome.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    edited April 2014
    Not for me. By the numbers anthemic stadium rubbish. 

However, I can't abide Springsteen and appreciate millions love him so I'm sure there're many will like this. 

Wish I did like the Boss. 

**Edit*** Rubbish is a bit harsh - sorry. Just not my thing and I don't really know why I felt the need to comment at all. Too much time on internet forums, perhaps?!
    Chuffola said:
    Not for me. By the numbers anthemic stadium rubbish. 

However, I can't abide Springsteen and appreciate millions love him so I'm sure there're many will like this. 

Wish I did like the Boss. 

**Edit*** Rubbish is a bit harsh - sorry. Just not my thing and I don't really know why I felt the need to comment at all. Too much time on internet forums, perhaps?!

:D we've all been there mate!