Warning! Almost 60 year old man... is now on Spotify, iTunes and all major streaming services.

What's Hot
camfcamf Frets: 1191
edited March 2019 in Music
Here are a couple of clips from my last gig. It was my second gig of the year... following a 27 year hiatus. See! It ain't over until the fat lady joins in for a duet with the chubby grey-haired singer.  

I don't usually sings this next song so flat, but it was the first song in the set and it was the first time my grown-up kids and extended family had seen me perform but a few seconds in, I was unexpectedly, but perhaps understandably, struck by nerves. Still, I got through it, and pretty much fully recovered by the third song. It was a small venue with an incredibly supportive audience and it was a memorably lovely evening. I'm working out that music is for sharing, so that's why I'm posting it here. Also, I'd like to hope that it might inspire a couple of you to feel that no matter how old you are, it's okay just to get up there and have a go. 

I'm looking forward to playing a bit more this year. If I manage to wangle my way into a venue near you, please come and say hello. 

Have a great Xmas and New Year.

cam f
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sounds good Cam. Think you're being a bit harsh on your vocals as well: sounds alright to me!

Hopefully make it along to the next one :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Ha! Sam, you're a generous fellow. But hopefully we maybe get you up and playing at one soon. There's been talk of a flute solo. :)
  • Sounds great to me - I’d never have the balls to sing in public!
  • Nice one Cam. Well done, and seasons greetings.
    @richardhomer I'm not a singer. I like writing songs best and ended up singing 30 odd years ago, due to our singer having a wobbler 2 weeks before our first German tour. I just managed to get away with it back then and it still feels like I'm just about getting away with it these days. :) But man, I love playing music with friends. Absolutely love it! And happily I discovered it doesn't really matter a rat's behind if there's the odd bum note or several sprinkled through the set. So maybe give it a go. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers @Moe_Zambeek. All the best to you and yours too. Playing The Depot in Feb, so if you're around feel free to come along and throw things. :)

• camf said:
    Cheers @Moe_Zambeek. All the best to you and yours too. Playing The Depot in Feb, so if you're around feel free to come along and throw things. :)

Ooh! I’ll save some tomatoes :)
    Free range organic... I don't want splattered with any cheap shit. ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Respect @camf ... enjoyed that ... plent of us oldies who appreciate 'real' music played and sung by musicians playing real instruments (no offence to Mr DJ) .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Well....  now you're back in the saddle @camf ;you'd better keep on going, eh? Nice restart and you're so right about sharing and age. 

My own new project/band will hopefully be out there shortly. I've been using the title "Third Age Syndrome". I'm 61.  It seems appropriate. :-) 
    Cheers @Fretwired, I’m really enjoying it and determined to play as much as I can until I eventually fall apart. Hopefully not for a while yet.
    @TheBigDipper Thanks, and good luck with your own stuff. I’ve been surprised but pleased to find that there’s a lot of support out there. And not just from my own generation. There’s been some nice reactions from younger gig-goers too, which has been nice. Get out there!
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    Bloody good work, that, @camf ;!  I didn't recognise the songs, are they your originals?

Thanks @Nitefly. Yep, I'm to blame for the songs. :) 
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I like that. If I'd known you were playing there I'd have popped in - it's about 500 yards from my gaffe!
    Thanks @Gagaryn, it’s a nice wee room to play in. Down at The Depot next time, so not too far away. Have a great Xmas. 
  • Seems to me @camf that you’re unnecessarily self-effacing. You’re a talented bloke, clearly! Accept the plaudit :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72261
    I missed this earlier - I saw the thread when I couldn't listen to the clips then forgot to come back later!

Very good - I hope you don't mind me saying this but you've got quite a Lucinda Williams vibe going on there, which I wasn't expecting :).

Let me know when you're playing next and I'll try to make it along.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Thanks @ICBM... is it the hair? ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2280
    Go for it and glad you got back into it. I'm in an old man's band too but we're all so busy it's hard to get together!  Take every opportunity :)