Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Right.... where can I buy a turkey from now?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    @Emp_Fab pm me your address, can Uber these over...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    Thanks for the concern guys.  I normally scour my copious recipe books at Christmas and pull out all the stops, but this year we had a seriously-ill doggy, the Mrs was working and I have a stinking cold, so emergency last-minute dinner it was !
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Thanks for the concern guys.  I normally scour my copious recipe books at Christmas and pull out all the stops, but this year we had a seriously-ill doggy, the Mrs was working and I have a stinking cold, so emergency last-minute dinner it was !
    Ah, @Emp_Fab , I can see where you've let yourself down here.  You should start your Christmas recipe scouring before Christmas! 

Thinking about what needs to happen, then putting in a bit of planning may save you a bit grief in future.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    You mean like, doing some planning ahead of time helps to avoid a last-minute emergency, kind of thing?
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    poopot said:
    @Emp_Fab pm me your address, can Uber these over...

WTF am I even looking at here?
    I know I'm feeling a bit fragile and a few coffees from alertness but what is that?
    I see a dalek, a sort of monkey/scotsman/snake-thing, and a promise that nothing artificial is in the packet which I think might be a lie.  And best before Nov 2006 which might be taking the piss out of the word "best".
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27582
    Emp_Fab said:
    You mean like, doing some planning ahead of time helps to avoid a last-minute emergency, kind of thing?
    No plan survives contact with the festive season. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    Funnily enough, I like to do a 2nd crimble meal on New Year's day, so I always find myself trawling around the shops looking for a turkey.
  • I’ve got to take my son to work tomorrow as, apparently, people want to go shopping at 6am on Boxing Day. So, you could probably have turkey in time for breakfast. 
    FWIW - we were watching the CCTV footage of people going into Next at 6am this morning.* Some keen bargain seekers. By the time his shift started at 9am almost no one there. MrsTheWeary got me to pop to Sainsbury's across the road which opened at 9. Me and a couple of Muslim families, Gregg's looked like the busiest shop. 

* Staff can log on and watch CCTV of their own store. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Emp_Fab said:
    That's the ticket.  I hate leaving things until the last minute as I find it quite annoying.  I can imagine that this Christmas may have been a bit stressful for you.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    edited December 2018
    Sporky said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    So do you think we should put Emp in charge of Brexit now that he’s passed the test?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Google ‘Asda Christmas Dinner Pizza’.
  • And now we've all missed what could have been a golden Christmas special.  I would been waaaaaay more entertaining than Mrs Brown's Boys.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1333558/#Comment_1333558
    Handsome_Chris said:

Absolutely Emp_Fabulous.

Joanna Lumley and the Jennifer Saunders follow @Emp_Fab doing certain tasks and projects.  I believe that it has ability to go on for years, and that is only with one task. 

I think it would be painfully hilarious.

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021

That is scary. Are staff expected to be so enamoured of their employer they can't bear to be out of the loop for a minute.
  • JezWynd said:

That is scary. Are staff expected to be so enamoured of their employer they can't bear to be out of the loop for a minute.
    I'm not quite sure who would bother day to day ( unless you develop a crush on a co worker maybe) but he logged on this morning as he was expecting an horrendous day with the sales. Basically dead by 9am when we got there.

The targets where he works are based on footfall into sales, so there is an electronic doodad above the door that counts people coming and going. If people bring small kids shopping who run in and out the doors it can ruin their targets for the day. Worth knowing if for some reason you ever develop a grudge against Next. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • mart said:
    Sporky said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    So do you think we should put Emp in charge of Brexit now that he’s passed the test?
    From the evidence I thought he already was.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    mart said:
    Sporky said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    From the evidence I thought he already was.
    Laminate Frexit?
  • Expect a thread in 3 weeks time asking for negotiation tips for a "tricky business meeting"
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom