almost a disaster but turned out ok gig!

mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
So, my band played a bank holiday pub gig last night. We have played this pub a few times before and have built up a little following there, and being a bank holiday it was quite full. Arrived 7.45 to set up for a 9pm kickoff. Then the singer calls and says he popped into work to photo copy set lists for us all and buggered the alarm and had to call the engineer to re set it so wouldn't b there until 9. Then the bass player calls and said he was trying out a new route to get to the gig and got his car stuck on a grass verge after trying to reverse back down a road he couldnt get up as it wasn't suitable for cars!! So the drummer and i chucked a load of cash in the juke box and got the landlord to turn it up while we set up the drum kit and my gear. The singer then arrives and plays an accoustic set while the drummer and I head off to find the bass player and get the PA and his bass gear from his car to set up while he waits to be towed off the verge. By this time its 10pm! So we make the decision to play the first set without a bass player, which sounded horrible to us but the punters enjoyed it. Bass player arrives for the second set and we play on until 1am with a full pub partying away. Great time had by all and got re booked for a summer gig.Audience said bass was too loud in the end! Haha!
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom