Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

2019 New Year Resolutions

What's Hot

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited December 2018
    If we decide not to move house (probably wise not to with the whole Brexit thing) I'll need to finally do something about tarting up our kitchen a bit. Lots of other decorating to do around the house as well, just needs a freshen up but not going to bother til we decide what we're doing.

Once we've got rid of all the festive chocs and treats I'm cutting down my food intake as I've let myself go a bit over the past few months and need to rein it back in so my clothes arent just that bit too tight any more.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12353
    dano said:
    Fuck more whores.

Oops wrong forum 
    No right place. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 10thumbs10thumbs Frets: 427
    edited December 2018
     jdgm said:
    The one I try to stick to these days is -

Follow  through.
    It (whatever it is) will only happen if you follow through.

But not if its a fart ! 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Try and get fat
    Try and do less exercise
    Stop learning theory
    Try and play less
    Eat total shit
    Start drinking again ....Hope i dont turn yellow this time
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    New Year's resolutions? Don't be daft.

(Semantically this can be interpreted one of two ways...)
  • I wanna do something.... something that kicks off the next epoch of my life. Coz having a kid wasn't traumatic enough!

Bye!

• Same as it usually is every year, try to enjoy life more and live for myself. But for 2019 in particular, lose a few stone and lead a more healthy lifestyle.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28157
    I wanna do something.... something that kicks off the next epoch of my life. Coz having a kid wasn't traumatic enough!
    Prosthetic tail?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    Try to drink more water.
    That's a good one. I never drank just water and that possibly contributed to the stroke I had in August. Certainly can't hurt to drink plain water.

Not sure why your comment was lol'd but, yes, it's good to drink more water.  I aim to drink at the very least 1.5 litres a day.  I drink too much Diet Coke, although have cut back to one - two cans a day, but that's still too much. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    For my resolution I'm going to set a target and dammit I'm gonna reach it. It's gonna be hard, but achievable. I will graft away and I will be unerringly determined to see it through to the bitter end once I have set it. I will neither ask for help nor accept any, as a goal should be pursued and reached by oneself, using inner strength and deep personal resources that you never knew you had. Furthermore ..... er, what was I talking about again?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
     I drink too much Diet Coke, although have cut back to one - two cans a day, but that's still too much. 
    Ouch! Way too much if you ask me!

me + kids have one a week as a luxury item with Saturday Takeaway. I'm always telling my kids that certain things are 'luxury items' to be consumed occasionally.
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    edited December 2018
    Seriously evaluate my current relationship. I'm a widow with a 10 yo son, she's divorced with 2 kids. I work 9 to 18:30, she works on her parent's restaurant from 12 to 16 and then from 18:30 to 23 sometimes midnight, saturdays included. This means little time together. She has to spend time with her kids too, which usually is on Sundays.

So no romantic dates - no dinners or weekends - except on sundays after she spent time with her kids.

We like each other, but with so little time together it's really difficult to keep a close healthy relationship.

On top of that, the kids, mine included, are set on sabotaging the relationship - meals together are really stressful and almost always ended with one of them in a bad mood or misbehaving.

I wonder if it really is worth it.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28157
    I am going to be just slightly more flippant next year.

:)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4258
    Planning to turn vegan and lord my superior morals over the rest of mankind at every opportunity.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    I made a New year's resolution a few years ago, which I've managed to stick to:

Don't make any more New Year's resolutions!
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited December 2018
    jdgm said:
    The one I try to stick to these days is -

Follow  through.
    It (whatever it is) will only happen if you follow through.
    We're not talking about farting are we?
    I can't imagine what sort of New Year's Resolution would involve farting but I've come to learn a lot from this forum.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Try not to accidentally delete posts, users, or the forum generally. 
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    edited December 2018
    I'm determined to meet one of my idols this year. Loved Rolf Harris growing up....but thats not going to happen. So I have my sights set on meeting @GavRichList ....He's bloody gorgeous!
  • RMJ said:
    I'm determined to meet one of my idols this year. Loved Rolf Harris growing up....but thats not going to happen. So I have my sights set on meeting @GavRichList ....He's bloody gorgeous!
    Hahahaha 
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    edited December 2018
    Mine is to punch/block/avoid anyone who mentions brexit for the next 3 months......

Oh and be a better human!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom