Game return policy - Im not impressed

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    grungebob said:
    Don’t know why my earlier post was lolled that’s a response that will work as is ,defensible.  It’s also the same advice citizens advice , my home insurance legal team both gave me. 
    I think it was the currys can still FO part not the advice which was sound.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ll elaborate on my earlier dig at Game’s customer service.

A few years back, I called into my local branch to preorder a certain game for Christmas for my wife. Some World of Warcraft special edition it was.

I went back on the due date to pick it up, to be told it had been sent to the wrong store. As I worked during the week and couldn’t get to the store til the next weekend, they agreed to have it brought to their store for the following Saturday.

I went back the next Saturday and was told that the store manager had ‘forgotten’ to pick it up during the week, and would it be okay if I were to come back the following weekend?

I stated my dissatisfaction given that Christmas was fast approaching, but reluctantly agreed.

The next weekend (last one before Christmas) I went back to the store, only to be told that although they’d picked the item up, one of their colleagues had sold it by mistake. 

I was tamping. It was quite busy in the shop so I’d queued for a while and they really were quite unapologetic. I called them a bunch of fucking muppets and left the shop without even asking for he fiver back I’d put down to preorder the game.

I haven’t been back there since. I somehow managed to get the game a day or so before Christmas Eve, elsewhere.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    Ok...so I emailed Game customer services and explained the issue.

They asked for a picture of the product and receipt which I have sent.

They are contacting the store manager to see if it can be resolved and asked that I give the  a few days to respond.

All is not yet lost...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72242
    If you don't get it resolved in your favour I would contact Trading Standards. This sounds like a fairly clear-cut breach of the Sale Of Goods Act.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• notanonnotanon Frets: 605
    I agree with others. Don't describe as bad quality, describe it as faulty you will get your money back.

I took a bush TV back to Argos and said the sound was really bad. I explained how bad, it w like listening to a mobile phone on loud speaker. The counter staff said I will need to speak to manager as it has been used.

The manager came out and I said this is faulty. As soon as i said that it was like I uttered the magic words, immediately she said would you like a refund or voucher. Refund it was.

Good luck and don't give up!
    Not looking good...response from the store is its non returnable or refundable, Ive taken it further up their chain as it were....

Problem regarding being faulty is that they will just take it in, try it it the shop, it will probably work ok, so that say its all good, then it becomes my word against theirs...

Any how...the dialogue continues for the time being..

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 605
    edited December 2018
    Posting your reasons for return on Twitter would be my next recommendation. I've done it with DPD and i got the manager to personally deliver a 'delivered' parcel to our daughter's house. FB may be just as good??
    notanon said:
    Posting your reasons for return on Twitter would be my next recommendation. I've done it with DPD and i got the manager to personally deliver a 'delivered' parcel to our daughter's house. FB may be just as good??
    Been their...Game didn't even respond...kind of says it all really...not long before they join the queue with HMV 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4308
    spark240 said:
    notanon said:
    Been their...Game didn't even respond...kind of says it all really...not long before they join the queue with HMV 
    It’s worth a try, but it didn’t work for me either. 

Different situation but I had a bus driver almost cause an accident with me then act like a wanker, when it was snowy last year. 

I stopped and took photos of him smiling and waving at me, posted them on Twitter and nothing happened.

I sent a shitty email with the same pictures and he was removed from the route. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7321
    Have you actually said they're faulty, or have you avoided it cos they might not be able to recreate the fault?
  • KDSKDS Frets: 221
    edited January 2019
    Like others have said 'faulty out of box, please refund me' it is law.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    edited January 2019
    Game are playing a game and you are letting them.

Simply go to the store and tell them the item is faulty, not fit for purpose.

They cannot refuse to refund on an item which is not fit for purpose.

Read this.

NOTE: When an item is not fit for purpose, you are not asking them if they would mind dealing with it if they would be so kind, you are invoking your statutory rights.

They are trying to pretend that their goodwill exchange policy trumps your statutory rights.

They are simply bullying you in the hope you will give up.

(Take a printout of the above page and "educate" them on the law.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2234
    Not fit for purpose is the phrase to use and wis for previous post
  • spark240 said:
    Ok...so I emailed Game customer services and explained the issue.

They asked for a picture of the product and receipt which I have sent.

They are contacting the store manager to see if it can be resolved and asked that I give the  a few days to respond.

All is not yet lost...

It is worth noting that you have now legally informed them of your faulty product and intent to return it, therefore you are now covered under the 30 day rule regardless of how long they take to sort it out.

Also, next time buy from Amazon.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    edited January 2019
    spark240 said:
    notanon said:

Tag them @GAMEdigital along with @BBCWatchdog often gets them on board.  Also I just shared this thread, ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    TheMarlin said:
    I’ve always found Amazon returns policy to be faultless. If I’m buying new consumables, I mostly do it there. Just returned a shite digital radio, and paid of headphones. Hassle free. 
    Actually, Amazon massively let me down this Xmas, and Game saved the day - ordered a PS4 for my GF's daughter the Wednesday before Xmas, specifying delivery for the Saturday (22nd). Got an email just before midnight on the Friday saying "Sorry, it'll now be delivered on the 24th", which was too late (I was going to my GF's place on the 23rd).

Cancelled it, placed an order with Game for delivery to the store down the road from my GF's (same price as Amazon). The confirmation email didn't come through till Sunday night (so was bricking it), but it was ready to pick up on the morning of the 24th.

However, when I bought my own PS4 a few years ago, I tried to do so in person at Game. Was studiously ignored by all the staff in the shop (including one who made eye contact, I started speaking and he just walked off). At the time, the bundle I was buying was literally the most expensive thing in the shop.

Walked out, ordered it through Amazon on my walk home, had it the next day.