Is there an album you like that nobody else seems to?

What's Hot

Comments

• Welcome to the Pleasuredome by Frankie Goes to Hollywood. 
    Great album especially when listening in full from start to finish, tis genius.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Load and Reload by Metallica
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516

Load and Reload by Metallica
    I like them.  I think they could both do with some trimming, but they're good.  I don't like anything they've done since.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2272
    Give 'Em Enough Rope, the second Clash album. It always seems to be the one that everyone loves to hate (well, along with Cut the Crap. and Sandinista) but I love it. Conversely, there's quite a lot on London Calling that I'm not so keen on.

• axisus said:
    I really like Van Halen III - the one with Gary Cherone on vocals. It seems to get universally panned by everyone but I still find it to be the VH album I most listen to.

Like any albums that get bad press all the time?

VH III is a great album, I like that one too. 

Mine would be Extreme's Waiting For The Punchline - it has the best Fender amp tone ever recorded. 

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481
    U2's "Passengers: Original Soundtracks" Album collab with Brian Eno.

It was my introduction to experimental music and, bizarrely, Pavarotti. I once lent it to a mate at school who was really into NIN etc, he loved it, then went off it a bit when I told him who it was (they didn't put U2 on the cover because they didn't want fans of "With or Without You" to buy it and get scared).
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2394
    MrBump said:
    The Tin Machine album - consistently in my top 5 albums of all time, always something new to hear whenever I listen to it.  But it was completely panned when released.

I quite liked that too, though I wouldn't go that far. But did anyone at all like the *second* Tin Machine album?
    Stuckfast said:
    MrBump said:
    The Tin Machine album - consistently in my top 5 albums of all time, always something new to hear whenever I listen to it.  But it was completely panned when released.

I quite liked that too, though I wouldn't go that far. But did anyone at all like the *second* Tin Machine album?
    I'm almost certain I've got the second album, but I honestly can't remember anything about it.  So I can't have played it much.
  • Against Perfection by Adorable. Never spoken to anyone who knows it; let alone rates it as highly as I do. Straddling shoegaze and early britpop. Big swirling guitars, powerful vocals, hooks aplenty. A forgotten classic. 

My favourite track is A To Fade In, which builds up to a glorious crescendo with that chorusy early 90's indie guitar tone.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Whilst I’m at it - Almost Here by the Unbelievable Truth. 

Andy Yorke is at least a match for his brother talent wise, and in many ways better. Just love every track on that album. 
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4974
    Kinghorse - self titled
    New Kingdom - Heavy Load and Paradise Don't Come Cheap
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    shoodurs said:
    Welcome to the Pleasuredome by Frankie Goes to Hollywood. 
    Great album especially when listening in full from start to finish, tis genius.
    You'll probably not be surprised to find that I love it too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Philly_Q said:

Load and Reload by Metallica
    I like them.  I think they could both do with some trimming, but they're good.  I don't like anything they've done since.

Masterpieces compared to the pile of shit that is St Anger. Which gets my vote as worst album ever made, the only real highlight being the comedy snare.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Brian Eno - Small craft on a milk sea

2 forms of anger (a track from the album)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited January 2019
    Robert Fripp & Brian Eno - Evening star

The title track - Evening star

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StefB said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Megadeth - Risk

The last couple of albums from the melodic rock period with Marty Friedman seem to be regarded with a degree of contempt, but I like them.  Better than anything they've done subsequently.
    Seconded, Cryptic Writings being a belter too. 

I think Dann Huff was responsible for the melodic rock sound on those albums. 
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Can I just say, I love this thread!  My January listening list is pretty much sorted just from these first two pages :)
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    StefB said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Megadeth - Risk

The last couple of albums from the melodic rock period with Marty Friedman seem to be regarded with a degree of contempt, but I like them.  Better than anything they've done subsequently.
    Seconded, Cryptic Writings being a belter too. 

I think Dann Huff was responsible for the melodic rock sound on those albums. 
    He certainly played his part!  But the albums got increasingly melodic (some might say more lightweight) during the whole period Marty Friedman was in the band, whether that was down to Marty or just how things happened, I don't know.  I really like all five of them in their different ways.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26754
    Cirrus said:
    U2's "Passengers: Original Soundtracks" Album collab with Brian Eno.

It was my introduction to experimental music and, bizarrely, Pavarotti. I once lent it to a mate at school who was really into NIN etc, he loved it, then went off it a bit when I told him who it was (they didn't put U2 on the cover because they didn't want fans of "With or Without You" to buy it and get scared).
    I've actually never listened to Passengers - despite being a fairly huge U2 fan I'd moderately forgotten it existed. Will seek it out. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 776
    Josh T Pearson. Last of the country gentlemen. I love it but I just get frosty stares if I play it at work.