Is there an album you like that nobody else seems to?

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22691
    Haych said:
    Counterparts by Rush.

It always seems to be overlooked by critics, almost an afterthought in their discography that's quickly passed over like it's some kind of embarrassment that's never talked about.
    Agreed, it's one of my favourite latterday Rush albums.  I think it's the first really good one after the relatively weak period which started with Hold Your Fire.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    My fave Rush album is A Farewell of Kings. Everybody I know either likes 2112 or Moving Pictures
  • Yes

The Barron Knights   Greatest Hits. 

A classic. 
    I think that wins you the thread.
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5614
    My fave Rush album is A Farewell of Kings. Everybody I know either likes 2112 or Moving Pictures
    I appreciate 2112 was a turning point for them but apart from the Overture and Temples of Syrinx I preferred side 2. Hemispheres was far, far better IMHO. 

I do like Moving Pictures though. Has there been a better guitar sound recorded than on that album?

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22691
    Haych said:
    I appreciate 2112 was a turning point for them but apart from the Overture and Temples of Syrinx I preferred side 2. Hemispheres was far, far better IMHO. 

I do like Moving Pictures though. Has there been a better guitar sound recorded than on that album?
    Permanent Waves is my favourite.
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    viz said:
    axisus said:
    viz said:
    Whitesnake - Slip of the Tongue
    Is that the Vai one? I have it somewhere if it is. He seemed like an uneasy fit to me but I haven't played it in about 20 years, maybe I'd like it now.
    Yes, I think it’s absolutely excellent! His playing on some of the songs is his best ever. Side 2 is unbelievable. 

This^ 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16291
    Yes

The Barron Knights   Greatest Hits. 

A classic. 
    I think that wins you the thread.
    True fans only like the early unfunny songs. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2410
    steven70 said:
    I feel the need to add 'Pop Trash' by Duran Duran as well. The last original thing they did before becoming a cabaret act. Not sure what's with the 'middle to late period Duran Duran' phase.
    Which is the one with Ordinary World on? That's a great song.
  • randersonranderson Frets: 187
    East Meets West - John Scofield. As a young blues inspired guitarist, this album finally converted me to Jazz guitar.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72214
    Stuckfast said:

Which is the one with Ordinary World on? That's a great song.
    That’s ‘the Wedding Album’ - officially just called ‘Duran Duran’, confusingly since the first album was too...

Definitely one of their best songs. Did you watch the BBC documentary last night?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4995

Not sure like is the right word but this is unforgettable. 

Like Lalo Schiffrin with Sutcliffe Jugend lyrics. 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3493
    Afghan Whigs, all albums... I literally do not know anyone that like The Afghan Whigs.. 
    It says more about your mates than it does about your music taste. 

Whigs are superb, great band live too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7281
    Metallica - Load
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited March 2019

Babylon Zoo - The Boy With The X-Ray Eyes: a bit of a guilty pleasure this one...quit sniggering at the back!
    Sabbath - Never Say Die: needs to be listened all the way through to be appreciated imo. Man, these guys were on some really good drugs weren’t they
    Metallica - Load: Fantastic heavy blues rock ... the balls on these guys though to put this out after everything that came before it...
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited March 2019
    wolsnah said:
    Does St. Anger count?  o

To be fair, I wasn't that keen to start with, but like mould in a nice blue cheese, it's a bit of a grower and an acquired taste, but I now do honestly really like it.
    You know an admission like that will get you stoned these days...REPENT
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
  • Load - Metallica - dug it when it came out and still do today. Different direction from early stuff and I enjoyed it.

K - Kula Shaker - everyone thought they were knobs but they could play rock n roll for sure
  • StageStruckStageStruck Frets: 102
    Come Taste the band by Deep Purple. 
    Heavy, Funky, Bluesy. 

Love this DP album, and Tommy Bolin in general. I've to it a lot over the years, I certainly find it a lot more enjoyable than Burn or Stormbringer that preceded it. 

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9654
    The Division Bell by Pink Floyd. I know I’m not supposed to like post Roger Waters Pink Floyd, but to my mind this is a pretty good album.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72214
    HAL9000 said:
    The Division Bell by Pink Floyd. I know I’m not supposed to like post Roger Waters Pink Floyd, but to my mind this is a pretty good album.
    By the same token in reverse, I really don’t like it - or any post-Waters material - but I love The Final Cut, which most Floyd fans don’t. (Not keen on the last two tracks, admittedly.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• fobfob Frets: 1430
    edited April 2019
    Gang Gajang - Gang Gajang

Probably cheating because nobody else seems to have heard of it rather than dislikes it - I'm sure any Aussies on the forum might know it though.