Very large case for custom acoustic?

WonkyWonky Frets: 188
I've just bought an unusual handmade acoustic guitar and I'm looking for a case to fit.  I'd prefer a hard case, but I'd accept whatever as I realise it's an odd size and therefore difficult to get something that fits.  
Dimensions are as follows
Rear bout 468mm (18.42inch) front bout 310mm (12.20inch)
Body depth rear 118mm (4.65inch) front depth 112mm (4.50inch)
I've had a quick look about and it seems to be the rear bout that's the big issue, but I'm thinking that surely someone has come across this problem.
Thanks in advance people

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Would an 18" archtop case made due? Of the top of my head I'd try and contact Hiscox. 
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    Would an 18" archtop case made due? Of the top of my head I'd try and contact Hiscox. 
    I was thinking it's pretty close to an 18" archtop, just ever so slightly bigger.  Once the guitar arrives later this week I think I will do as you said and get in touch with Hiscox.  I suppose they would know the room for manoeuvre better than anyone.
    Thanks
  • The Hiscox Pro 2 Jumbo meant for 17" lower bout, 12" upper bout guitars like the Gibson SJ200 would probably fit provided you take out all the rim protective padding! You wouldn't have any padding left and would have to make do with some makeshift towels or foam.

Otherwise, contact Kingham MTM Cases for a custom hard case http://kingham.merion.co.uk .
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    The Hiscox Pro 2 Jumbo meant for 17" lower bout, 12" upper bout guitars like the Gibson SJ200 would probably fit provided you take out all the rim protective padding! You wouldn't have any padding left and would have to make do with some makeshift towels or foam.

Otherwise, contact Kingham MTM Cases for a custom hard case http://kingham.merion.co.uk .
    I'm going to check measurements in a bit for the hiscox case, might just do the job and exactly the kind of information I was after.  I think that if it was in there tight it might only need a small amount of padding anyway, just to stop it scratching.
    Had a look at the made to measure people and I really couldn't afford that to be honest.  Nice to see that it's possible though and hopefully useful to someone with a many thousands of pounds instrument to protect (also very rich, but that's a given in that situation). 
    Thank you