Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ibanez 2019 New Models

What's Hot

Comments

• timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Sporky said:
    Who? 

Chon guitarist
    That Hansel is so hot right now.

Actually, this is probably the most interesting of the lot. Shame it's a sig and shame about the tele pickup. I kind of wish they'd make a cheap version of the AZ with a pickguard as it'd be a great basis for customisation. And the shape doesn't scream 'metal' the same way the RG and S series do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Zero problems really. They were lovely guitars in many respects, especially the RG721 Premium that I had. Some really nice sounds on the 5-position switch too. I just didn't like the way they played. Necks were too thin, frets a bit too stabby.
    Ah, the other term for 'lasted'! 

Cheers for the reply though. 

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Sporky said:
    Irrelevant for the past 20-30 years = Selling out arenas and stadiums in every country the decide to tour, still........
    And yet most people, I'll bet, don't even realise they're still going. They are irrelevant, and the idea that Ibanez would have a Def Leppard signature (which is where we started) is daft. 
    Firstly, am I missing something, I can’t see any Def Leeppard sig guitars in the original link - maybe I’m being stupid!

Secondly - @sporky, can you join @timmysoft and have your midlife crisis together, and preferably in private  - he too is struggling with his age and his relevancy, for the rest of us, comfortable in our own skin, music is music, when ever it was created 200 years ago, 20 years ago or 20 minutes ago.

Cheers
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    Sporky said:
    Irrelevant for the past 20-30 years = Selling out arenas and stadiums in every country the decide to tour, still........
    And yet most people, I'll bet, don't even realise they're still going. They are irrelevant, and the idea that Ibanez would have a Def Leppard signature (which is where we started) is daft. 
    I just hope one day i'm as irrelevant as Def Leppard, I could cope with that thanks ;)
    But i do agree with you on an Ibanez PC or AS model, they're both with Jackson so why would they even want to, both have extremely popular models now and have been for the past 30 years, so someone must be buying them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    edited January 2019
    Sporky said:
    I just hope one day i'm as irrelevant as Def Leppard, I could cope with that thanks
    But i do agree with you on an Ibanez PC or AS model, they're both with Jackson so why would they even want to, both have extremely popular models now and have been for the past 30 years, so someone must be buying them.
    Def Leppard have enough fans to buy a signature model. They also have fans with enough years behind them to buy an expensive one too. They're still relevant - End of story.

There has never been a PC or AS Destroyer Model, as it was called the DT - Dave Murray and Paul Gilbert played it as well etc. I would like them to bring back the DT...Ok?

If Ibanez are happy to put real Ebony into this, then they should bring back the DT.

https://www.ibanez.com/common/product_artist_file/file/ps_main_eb_afr_en.png
    The AFR bass shite btw ^ 

• VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    edited January 2019
    How many of these 'signature' guitars do they make and sell?  

Edit: where are these Def Lep models?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited January 2019
    Veganic said:

This seems to be a discussion/debate about the merits and market potential of a hypothetical guitar. 

There is no new Def Leppard signature Ibanez. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Veganic said:

This seems to be a discussion/debate about the merits and market potential of a hypothetical guitar. 

There is no new Def Leppard signature Ibanez. 
    Oh. Ok. Thanks. Oops.

In that case I am sure they would attract the growing female contingent as only girls ever liked Def Lep didn't they?

The ones they have seem to be aimed at the under 30s which makes sense. 

Anyway, to me these look like just the new ones not the entire range.

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    dindude said:
    Sporky said:
    Firstly, am I missing something, I can’t see any Def Leeppard sig guitars in the original link - maybe I’m being stupid!

Secondly - @sporky, can you join @timmysoft and have your midlife crisis together, and preferably in private  - he too is struggling with his age and his relevancy, for the rest of us, comfortable in our own skin, music is music, when ever it was created 200 years ago, 20 years ago or 20 minutes ago.

Cheers
    Def Leppard are shit, doesn't matter when you listen to them, they've always been shit and will always be shit. 

Gary Barlow sells out arenas and stadiums and has done for 20 years, give him an ibanez signature model. I'm petitioning for a Barlow reverse destroyer signature 8 string.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    timmysoft said:
    dindude said:
    Sporky said:

Cheers
    Def Leppard are shit, doesn't matter when you listen to them, they've always been shit and will always be shit. 

Gary Barlow sells out arenas and stadiums and has done for 20 years, give him an ibanez signature model. I'm petitioning for a Barlow reverse destroyer signature 8 string.
    B..b.but Gary is too cool to play guitar.  Er, I mean Mr Barlow is not,as far as I know, a guitarist.
    Veganic said:
    timmysoft said:
    dindude said:
    Sporky said:

Cheers

B..b.but Gary is too cool to play guitar.  Er, I mean Mr Barlow is not,as far as I know, a guitarist.
    I wouldn't  call what Def Leppard do "playing guitar"
  • timmysoft said:
    dindude said:
    Sporky said:

Cheers

I used to respect you. 

But it to call the Mighty Def shit? What happened man? 
    Who hurt you? 

This is a safe space, you can open up about how that one time at bandcamp that girl totally blanked you while ‘‘Pour Some Sugar On Me’ was being played by the woodwind group. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    timmysoft said:
    dindude said:
    Sporky said:

Cheers

I used to respect you. 

But it to call the Mighty Def shit? What happened man? 
    Who hurt you? 

This is a safe space, you can open up about how that one time at bandcamp that girl totally blanked you while ‘‘Pour Some Sugar On Me’ was being played by the woodwind group. 
    I wasn't a housewife during the mid 1980's so Def Leppard hold no memories for me.  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Ignoring all the Def Leppard hysteria, there are a couple of medium scale basses that look quite nice.    Not quite sure where they will sit in the range and what kind of quality they will be though.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was hoping for different colours for the AZ premiums. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28146
    dindude said:

Secondly - @sporky, can you join @timmysoft and have your midlife crisis together, and preferably in private
    How about you leave the personal attacks out of it? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Sporky said:
    dindude said:

Secondly - @sporky, can you join @timmysoft and have your midlife crisis together, and preferably in private
    Sorry dude, but between one of you posting “your old” as a response to everything and your obsession with “historical re-enactment” (was actually quite funny the first time), or variation thereof, it’s incredibly tedious.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    dindude said:
    Sporky said:
    dindude said:

Sorry dude, but between one of you posting “your old” as a response to everything and your obsession with “historical re-enactment” (was actually quite funny the first time), or variation thereof, it’s incredibly tedious.
    you're old 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    @Sporky and @dindude ;

Every time you pair post in this threadt h get a notification which I'm hoping in related to the content, not you pair being petty and childish. Please stop and do it via pm

Thanks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom