Portable DAB/ internet radios?

Looking at portable radios . Probably DAB plus FM although ideally internet stations as well. For taking with us on our camper travels so sometimes we can use mains electricity and sometimes we need something that can run off batteries ( ideally built in rechargeable). DAB is next to hopeless outside the UK so FM is still important and whilst internet stations would be ideal only fairly rarely going to be on wi fi. 

Doesn't have to be tiny, doesn't need to be super hi fi but good enough to be a pleasant listen. Extras like being able to use it as a blue tooth speaker are fine but I'm not very fussed. Relatively simple to use would be a bonus. 

The ones that are recommended when I've been googling are all sub £200 and that would be absolute max price. The more expensive ones don't always have the battery option and the cheaper ones don't tend to have DAB and internet. 

It's been a bit confusing so far so any recommendations welcome. Ta. 

Oh, Happy New Year everyone. 
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Not quite what your looking for but cheap....£35 posted.

https://flic.kr/p/2cw7Bdg

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5369
    Mrs Snags has just acquired a Roberts iStream 3 which appears to do pretty much everything, but is towards the top end of your budget. Takes NimH rechargeables so you can use it on battery or mains (doesn't come with the batteries, mind, so factor another £15 or so on top for that).

She researched it for ages, as she wanted DAB, FM, Internet and also Podcast stuff, as well as Bluetooth and wotnot. So far (about three days) she's not got pissed off with it, which is a good sign, although she's had to send them a query about how to add podcast channels it doesn't already know about.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    edited January 2019
    We’ve got a couple of small Roberts DAB units and a Pure. The Robert both sound better to me.

I was going to recommend the Bluetune 65 but it doesn’t have a battery option or internet! So I’ll just give the brand a thumbs up in case you spot one of their products that does everything you need.

Previously known as stevebrum
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Cheers all so far. The iStream3 certainly ticks all the boxes, although the reality of nearly £180 might make me waver. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2949
    I bought a Roberts stream 93i + a rechargeable battery + Bluetooth dongle and it's fantastic. The price makes you wonder if it's worth it but is, the internet radio server is just great. I was listening to Japanese folk music the other night. Stream to it and the sound quality is ace for a portable radio, tuned cabinet, stereo speakers and a sub! Completely changed how i listen to radio, and i listen to radio all day. And you can take it outside on a sunny day. Love mine. 
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5369
    Cheers all so far. The iStream3 certainly ticks all the boxes, although the reality of nearly £180 might make me waver. 
    Yeah, there's been about 12 months agonising in this household. Thought I'd solved the problem by adding Internet Radio and podcasts to our Volumio player, but hadn't so … happy wife now. A small price to pay ;)
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Get any DAB/FM radio and use a smartphone for Internet Radio, most radios will have an AUX In to connect your phone. 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4695
    I have a Susie-Q which is brilliant
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 607
    We still cannot get DAB herehin South Wale I can't see them rolling that out here now.

I am more then happy with portable Bluetooth speaker and mobile. You can download lots of comment for offline viewing/listening.

A portable Bluetooth means Amazon echo or Google home can be used around the house too.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7852
    Just get a radio app for your phone. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    They used to drain a pair of AA batts in just a couple of hours or so... this may have improved, but not by much

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>