My Helix LT cover band preset

kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1156
edited January 2019 in FX
For the guys using or planning to use their Helix in a cover band situation, here is a link to my cover band preset. It’s took me around 6 months to get to the point where I am really happy with the tone.

The preset is based off Richie Castellanos Axis Clean and Axis Placater presets but adapted by me to be Stereo and to have various bread and butter effects dialled in to cover a wide range of material.

This is a 4 snapshot Stereo preset which goes from clean, crunch, overdrive and lead. The bottom row of buttons changes snapshots, the top row switch in the HBE channel on the Placater amp, chorus, delay and volume boost. Hitting the mode button also gives you access to Tremolo, Flanger (Andy Summers style) and a slap back delay.

The preset has been dialled in using a specific IR from ownhammer which can be found here:

https://www.ownhammer.com/store/ind...mV8GlNk1sKq3-o7Bcun51x3UBWXrBOC18NRfWbRTt19NE

The specific IR used is:

OH 412 RECTO CB-NEO 7B-10

This preset has been dialled in for gig volume situations, so it may sound dark to some at lower volumes. 

Here is a link to the preset on Custom Tone:

https://uk.line6.com/customtone/pro...H2jjWVi-lZw-8NzFpdHoEEJozik45ZYDmboQP96ISIYFw
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1813
    Downloaded this, thanks!!

I've tweaked it a little - mainly the parallel Simple Delay as I found it was actually adding a pseudo Chorus sound rather than widening the sound  - I have just brought the delay time up to 300ish, added a few repeats and mix at about 11% - gives a nice background delay that doesn't wash over everything.

Using an Ownhammer Bogner 212 IR with it and its nice.
  • welshboyo said:
    Downloaded this, thanks!!

I've tweaked it a little - mainly the parallel Simple Delay as I found it was actually adding a pseudo Chorus sound rather than widening the sound  - I have just brought the delay time up to 300ish, added a few repeats and mix at about 11% - gives a nice background delay that doesn't wash over everything.

Using an Ownhammer Bogner 212 IR with it and its nice.
    Were you using both L&R outputs on the Helix? Or just the left? I don’t get that chorus effect just a wider thicker sound.
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1813
    Yes, however, it was with my test home rig which is off the headphone socket into a Bose Soundlink - I'll try it at the weekend's gig.
  • welshboyo said:
    Yes, however, it was with my test home rig which is off the headphone socket into a Bose Soundlink - I'll try it at the weekend's gig.
    Ahh that might be why you are getting the pseudo chorus effect. Through my studio monitors at home I don’t hear that. The whole point of the simple 8ms delay is to replicate a double tracked guitar sound live. 

If you bypass that delay or remove it the effects further down the chain start to behave differently. Everything has been dialled in with that simple 8ms delay active in the chain.
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1156
    edited January 2019
    @welshboyo ;
    Here is a recording of the light crunch snapshot from my preset listed above. The Dual Delay is switched on for a bit of ambience. The song is Human by Rag and Bone Man. Excuse the bass player at the start of the song, he started the song in the wrong key