Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Free Elixir Optiweb strings...

What's Hot

Comments

• DanDan Frets: 441
    Dont really buy mags and only got it really for the strings but its a really good read. Thanks for the heads up.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Now subscribed.. :)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Got mine, ta !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    Thanks folks! 

Ok so after doing some digging, I've discovered that WHSmith Travel copies at airports aren't allowed to have the strings on them for security reasons. Which kind of makes sense. So what has probably happened is that New Street Station have been sent airport copies in error. The distributor and wholesaler are looking into it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    chrisv said:
    Thanks folks! 

Ok so after doing some digging, I've discovered that WHSmith Travel copies at airports aren't allowed to have the strings on them for security reasons. Which kind of makes sense. So what has probably happened is that New Street Station have been sent airport copies in error. The distributor and wholesaler are looking into it. 
    Rail travellers demand garrottes!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Well, maybe for use on those responsible for ticket price rises, overcrowding and horrible delays... 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm glad I took mine home last night as I'd have been tempted to use them on myself during today's train journey into new st
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    chrisv said:
    Thanks folks! 

This is absolutely right. Last thing you want is someone restringing their bloody guitar next to you on a flight...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisv said:
    Thanks folks! 

Bit weird, before the clampdown on guitars as carry-on luggage (so up to the end of 2017) I was flying several times a year with sets of strings in my gig bag, and never got stopped by security for it.
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Just picked mine up in Rhyl.. pretty sure the airport rules should apply here too... Luckily they don't :)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    LuttiS said:
    Just picked mine up in Rhyl.. pretty sure the airport rules should apply here too... Luckily they don't :)
    Rhyl is like an airport because people are hoping to get out of there as quickly as possible? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Great strings: just tried ‘em on my LPDC.

Decent mag too, @chrisv ;

WHSMith Chancery Lane now 4 copies lighter :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Managed to pick up a copy in Smith's in Chelmsford station...still had a few left.  The new layout looks good...might even be tempted to subscribe!
  • Yep, like the new mag layout and looking forward to going back and reading a few of the articles. Nice work!
    Yep, like the new mag layout and looking forward to going back and reading a few of the articles. Nice work!
    Thank you :-)
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5015
    edited January 2019
    Found myself in Waitrose this evening buying another two copies, despite having bought one copy already!  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2377
    Love the new layout, great photography too. Have given the strings away to a friend so he was happy. Seems a hell of a long time since I bought Issue 1...still have it somewhere, must go dig it out. Seem to remember there being article on Tele's and comparing the '52 reissue to a real '52.
  • Just got a copy. The changes are a real improvement. Well done! Now I'll take a proper look at the website.

I've got a bee in my bonnet about the way Future Publishing has sewn up the shelves at my local WH Smiths (more than one of them) and crammed on their "specials" and "annual review" mags - displacing things like this mag and "Acoustic" magazine to the nether regions. I've taken up a subscription now so I don't have to search through piles of "Blues for Dentists". 

The strings will be going on my Strat. I've got far too many sets of Nanowebs (which I like on electrics, but not so much on acoustics) to use up before I can think about changing, but let's see how these do.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7141
    Got six copies, still haven't read the magazine yet. But given the spare copies to my friends to read.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

stonevibe said:
    Got six copies, still haven't read the magazine yet. But given the spare copies to my friends to read.
    Damn. That’s one more than me in the Guitar Magazine Olympiad.

Got some funny looks from the cashier in WHSmith as I cleaned ‘m out. Gonna do wonders for @chrisv ‘s circulation figures :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer