Ebay vs Reverb

Now obviously ebay is the webstore everyone loves to hate, but there’s a guitar listed on both reverb and eBay at the mo which looks lovely. I’ve asked the seller a couple of questions and subject to getting the right answers I’m very keen. One of those is whethe he’ll ship to the UAE as the eBay listing says yes and the reverb one says no.

So the question is which site to buy from, assuming shipping is ok from either? 

I know ebay are dicks to sellers these days, but I’m wondering if that’s because the buyer protection is spectacular? Equally, I’ve read Reverb’s terms and they seem very reasonable. The only reason I would ever claim is damage in transit or something seriously not as described & photographed. 

Thoughts please, gentlemen?
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    As a buyer Ebay is great, Personally I prefer using Reverb purely because it seems there are less dicks on it, but I am not that confident when it comes to sorting out any issues.

Ebay has a well tried and tested complaints procedure, I had a couple of issues with a deal on Reverb they aren't as good, in my case I was pretty much left on my own to sort it out via paypal..not impressed
  • If you’re buying, Ebay.

If you’re selling, Reverb (and don’t accept Paypal).