Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Calling all Dentists, bring out your PRS

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22783
    Twinfan said:
    Here are mine....

I don't think I've seen that one before!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited January 2019
    Philly_Q said:
    Twinfan said:
    Here are mine....

Is that new from Sound Affects Premier recently, @Twinfan? Lovely guitar, that. I saw it on ebay. Top man, glad someone here got it.

Fook me, all of those are lovely, mate!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Philly_Q said:
    Only got it last Sat  ;)

Yep, @Jonathanthomas83 it was from Sound Affects, Ormskirk.  Top folk up there and the guitar is a belter - I can't put it down  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14223
    tFB Trader
    Twinfan said:
    Here are mine....

is that the one I think it is

Do you still have the gigged ME

Hi Mark - yep, it's the guitar you think it is  :)

I sold the ME on here a couple of years ago.  I'm gigging these two now, the Collection V on the left mostly:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14223
    tFB Trader
    Twinfan said:

Hi Mark - yep, it's the guitar you think it is  :)

I sold the ME on here a couple of years ago.  I'm gigging these two now, the Collection V on the left mostly:

Good to see it again and as splendid as I recall - Fading memory, but did you not sell it, maybe to Dave, then acquire back again - I prefer the look of the 'green' flavoured Collection, but both are nice - Never had you down as a Hollowbody fan, but I play mine more than any other PRS
    I did indeed sell the SC245 to Dave and got it back again, I also had it up for sale a couple of times but fortunately it didn't sell.  I then swapped the over-hot 57/08s in it for a set of Mojo pickups and haven't looked back - the transformation was/is night and day.  It sounds awesome now, very Gary Moore!

The semi-hollow 594 has a BRW neck and it really has its own tone going on.  I didn't think I'd like it based on spec but after playing it I was blown away  :)
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4669
    Some utterly stunning guitars on here and who knew we had so many dentists 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    edited January 2019
    My Custom 24 Artist

Also a brace of SEs and a Vela to be photo'd
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:

Standard 22, trans purple - 

I have gone away, thought about it - slept on it, even - and have come to the inescapable conclusion that I love this guitar.

I know it's supposed to be purple, but it appears brown to me - walnut brown.  What with that and the simple black plastics and moon inlays, it just looks like a proper workaday instrument that could last you a lifetime.  This, with DGT electrics, would be my perfect PRS.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • Twinfan said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Only got it last Sat  ;)

Yep, @Jonathanthomas83 it was from Sound Affects, Ormskirk.  Top folk up there and the guitar is a belter - I can't put it down  :)
    Very nice, congratulations!!!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Twinfan said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Only got it last Sat  ;)

I went over a couple of weeks ago to see this one and the other Braz necked ones they had. 
    All were really great, I love the dragons breath finishes. 

Congrats!
    Cheers @andy1839 ;- did you play it?  Or the singlecut semi-hollow?
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Twinfan said:
    Cheers @andy1839 ;- did you play it?  Or the singlecut semi-hollow?
    I was all set to have a play on this, the SC, and the SC semi  then the Graveyard arrived and that suited me more, so I didn't even bother with the rest just in case I was tempted to walk out with two.

Ha ha, good plan!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Pic is Coda's from when I bought the guitar.

“To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    ICBM said:

I have gone away, thought about it - slept on it, even - and have come to the inescapable conclusion that I love this guitar.

I know it's supposed to be purple, but it appears brown to me - walnut brown.  What with that and the simple black plastics and moon inlays, it just looks like a proper workaday instrument that could last you a lifetime.  This, with DGT electrics, would be my perfect PRS.
    It really was much more purple than it looks there, but you can get them in walnut brown too - @AuldReekie has a McCarty Soapbar that colour.

You won't even pay that much, Standards don't seem to hold their value as well as the maple-cap models.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    ICBM said:

It really was much more purple than it looks there, but you can get them in walnut brown too - @AuldReekie has a McCarty Soapbar that colour.

You won't even pay that much, Standards don't seem to hold their value as well as the maple-cap models.

There don't seem to be very many Standards on the secondhand market though.  I have it as a saved eBay search and they rarely appear.

Of course they didn't build that many, compared with the maple top models.  And it's confused by the fact that there are both S2 and SE Standard models, which means the core models can sometimes be missed if I'm not looking carefully.

• BenBen Frets: 114
    Here are my workhorses:

All PRS Singlecuts! It has been my go-to model for the past decade. Have tweaked throughout the years and ended up with different bridges and different pickups (minus the S2, which is stock and very recent). Silver was a custom paint job, Gold was a laser-etched job. Love them to bits!
    1reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Ben ; I like those paint jobs!  Nice to see something different.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom