Question regarding amp channels and effects loop

What's Hot
EzekielEzekiel Frets: 36
I've got a probably very simple question but I can't seem to find an answer online too this:

When I connect a HX Effects unit via the 4 cable method to my Katana 100 and its effects loop, I cannot select any of the amp's channels anymore and only a limited amount of integrated effects.

Could someone please enlighten me as to why this is the case? I guess it's something more fundamental to do with pre amp and power amp etc but that's only my guess.

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Have you got the FX loop enabled on the HX Effects and the Katana?

Also, have you checked you're using the most useful signal chain on the Katana?

You may want to connect to a computer and check your signal routing and effects loop position. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72304
    Yes, it sounds like you haven’t got the loop on the HX enabled - so the signal is going directly to the amp’s power amp, bypassing the preamp.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EzekielEzekiel Frets: 36
    Thanks a lot for the answers!

I will check that later - most likely I don't have the FX loop function enabled on the HX unit. 
    I do have the FX loop enabled on the Katana and have been switching around for different signal chains but that hasn't helped regarding my initial problem.
  • EzekielEzekiel Frets: 36
    Adding the FX loop worked, thanks a lot!