your favourite track(s) to play on guitar.

here's mine (cue blatant excuse to post my own videos ;-) 

apologies for the 2nd video in particular (was done on a web cam).

may well do them again on my current guitar e.t.c.

what do you enjoy playing the most?

i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
    edited April 2014
    I'm currently enjoying playing a new riff I've written - my first to fully incorporate tapped arpeggios with power chord and single note chugging.

I'm quite proud, maybe had some protest the hero influence going on a wee bit.

I'll see if I can record and post a gratuitous clip of me playing it tomorrow :)

As for full songs, I quite like playing coming home by alter Bridge. Cools riffs.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

@racefaceec90 A little constructive criticism, try a bit more gain (don't go mental) and a bit less delay on the solo to Nothing Else Matters.

As for what I'm playing, a mix of Maiden, Ac/Dc, Skid Row, Metallica and Motorhead.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Is that a Classic Vibe? 

Since Christmas I've been nicking my son's CD backing tracks (he's learning the saxophone). So it's been a mixture of 12 bars and modern jazz standards. I don't play jazz guitar and have never studied it, so trying to play along trying to make it sound halfway good in that style, well I've found it quite hard but a real fillip when I play something decent sounding.  

Aside from that, I finally got chance a the weekend to record a couple of originals I've had buzzing round my head for a few months, so that was rewarding, even if they still need work. 
  • skarloey it was yes ;-)

i do plan on getting another one though sometime.

mike_l thanks for watching and the advice.i did that one back in 2009 so i hope i can attempt it a bit better now. 
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7284
    Even though I have trouble remembering it sometimes I love playing coheed and cambria's "In keeping secrets of silent earth" especially the verse riff.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Ac/dc stuff.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.