This is how it's done (Ryan Adams content).

What's Hot
LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3816
edited January 2019 in Guitar
No words needed...

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Lebarque said:
    No words needed...

however,  some form of viewable content might help 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3816
    Lebarque said:
    No words needed...

however,  some form of viewable content might help 
    Sorted
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I’ll raise you a more concise no words needed...

https://youtu.be/s5ZcBMCA36A

• A musical hero of mine I must admit.
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3816
    dindude said:
    I’ll raise you a more concise no words needed...

https://youtu.be/s5ZcBMCA36A

Such a talent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9583
    Ryan Adams and Bryan Adams share a birthday, did you know? Big fan of Ryan btw, Bryan, not so much.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    I never got it for years with Ryan Adams but I've probally listened to him more than any other artist in the last two years. 

His guitar player Totally Todd is a monster of a player also 
  • Ryan is probably my fav artist. I've seen him a bunch of times. Cardinals were very good.

Fav albums are heartbreak, Gold and self titled. I do like some of the unreleased officially stuff as well.

If only there was a bunch of people in Leicester to start a similar band with. 

I like wilco as well

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    Can I post one of my favourite clips of RA, when he's bust his arm skateboarding and can't even play? Jon Graboff on pedal steel. What an outro. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Brilliant. Love him, the last album was near perfect.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    edited January 2019
    Awesome. Phenomenal artist. 

I do do think some of his output is a bit hit and miss, partly because there’s so damn much of it. He could benefit from slightly tighter quality control and a little less output, but when he’s good he is SO good.

Cold Roses ftw!

(I also like Bryan - Reckless is basically perfect)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    KKJale said:
    Can I post one of my favourite clips of RA, when he's bust his arm skateboarding and can't even play? Jon Graboff on pedal steel. What an outro. 

He missed the Glastonbury that year - I was gutted!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I bought his first 2 albums and listened to them pretty much non stop for about a year with my gf at the time, we went to see him when he toured, and he was so shitty, moody, rude to the audience I’ve never listened to him since. 

Rubbish live act, no stage presence and decidedly average skills. 

It it was a huge disappointment. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Not a fan of much from the last 10 years but the early stuff is so good he gets away with it.  Seen him a few times solo acoustic and with Cardinals - all much better than when I saw him in 2017 with full band.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568

If only there was a bunch of people in Leicester to start a similar band with. 

I dunno - there tend to be singer-songwriters around who are influenced by Ryan, and many musicians I know are fans. The challenge is if you hope to find someone who can write anywhere near his standard, or hope to find somebody else to sing your songs in that style.

I can take him or leave him tbh, but on paper I should be a massive fan. We covered New York recently and did discuss whether we thought there could be an audience for a tribute, but thought prob not worth the effort.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    Have been listening to the first Whiskeytown album Faithless Street for the past few weeks, great stuff. The Stranger’s Almanac & Pneumonia albums don’t quite do it for me, but the first one does hit the spot.
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    I bought his first 2 albums and listened to them pretty much non stop for about a year with my gf at the time, we went to see him when he toured, and he was so shitty, moody, rude to the audience I’ve never listened to him since. 

Rubbish live act, no stage presence and decidedly average skills. 

It it was a huge disappointment. 
    ^ so much this.

Absolutely loved Gold, was my gateway to the rest of his catalogue.  A bit later when he toured with the Cardinals, couldn't wait to see him live, and it was a total crushing disappointment.  He couldn't be arsed, basically, played a load of stuff nobody knew and stalked off without an encore.  The band looked embarrassed.  The video above proves he can actually be good but I was so let down by what he phoned in that night I'm not sure I'd risk seeing him live again.

Same goes for Elton John - ok, he was getting on a bit when I saw him, but a complete disappointment as well.  If you can't be bothered to give a good show, just stay at home.
  • There's also the famous video of him on the BBC Songwriters show with Neil Finn and Janis Ian (I think). Maybe he was having a bad day, but it seems to be a common theme.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2366
    Saw Whiskeytown at The Borderline in 1998....amazing gig and a natural talent. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There's also the famous video of him on the BBC Songwriters show with Neil Finn and Janis Ian (I think). Maybe he was having a bad day, but it seems to be a common theme.
    Having spoken to a mate that saw him the following night who said it was one of the most incredible shows ever, I’m guessing professionalism is low on Mr Adams list of priorities. 
    :-(

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.