This is how it's done (Ryan Adams content).

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26963
    There's also the famous video of him on the BBC Songwriters show with Neil Finn and Janis Ian (I think). Maybe he was having a bad day, but it seems to be a common theme.
    Having spoken to a mate that saw him the following night who said it was one of the most incredible shows ever, I’m guessing professionalism is low on Mr Adams list of priorities. 
    :-(

I think it's more an indicator that showbiz isn't necessarily the best route for who is bipolar with substance issues. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    love 'im, so wish he'd rock out more, like this ->

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Not heard much of this guy...but I'm liking what I've heard. My kind of thing. Thanks. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3071
    Not heard much of this guy...but I'm liking what I've heard. My kind of thing. Thanks. 
    You've got about 10 years worth of listening to do. He's super prolific.. I read a tweet of his stating he'd be releasing three albums this year.

I'm a massive fan. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    I kind of skirted around liking him for a lot of years. Had a couple of albums and thought they were good but not THAT good. Got into the Prisoner album recently and really really dig it. Fantastic stuff. I think he puts out so much stuff that it is a bit hit and miss but when it hits it is great. 1989, his album of Taylor Swift covers is also, bizarrely, brilliant.
    As forumites of such taste I take it you're all also aware of the exquisite work of Jason Isbell, solo and with the Drive By Truckers?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    we (sorta) did this one the last HuddersfieldBobFest.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3839
    Yep, love Jason Isbell too. I particularly like the Southeastern album. What song is that ^@pmbomb ?
    Never Gonna Change fron ''The Dirty South'' by Drive-by Truckers

Jason wrote some fantastic songs with the Truckers, Patterson Hood and Mike Cooley are gifted too, check 'em out. Fantastic band.
  • Last album with 400 Unit is good too “Nashville Sound”

worth checking out Sturgil Simpson as well. The album “Metamodern Sounds In Country Music” is great and has some cracking guitar
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26963
    The Nashville Sound is my favourite record in years. Just perfect start to finish.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Last album with 400 Unit is good too “Nashville Sound”

worth checking out Sturgil Simpson as well. The album “Metamodern Sounds In Country Music” is great and has some cracking guitar
    That's my favourite sturgil album too - better than the ones either side of it in my view.

I personally prefer Jason isbell to Ryan Adams as I find the songs tend to connect with me more quickly.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    edited January 2019
    Ryan is probably my fav artist. I've seen him a bunch of times. Cardinals were very good.

Fav albums are heartbreak, Gold and self titled. I do like some of the unreleased officially stuff as well.

If only there was a bunch of people in Leicester to start a similar band with. 

I like wilco as well
    Saw them on the Cardinology tour, what a band that was! Absolutely tremendous. Saw Neil Casal doing his solo stuff, backed by Jon Graboff, a while later - in a tiny room above a pub, and that was also brilliant. He's still good love and I like the new band, although the vibe is different, but that latter day Cardinals line up absolutely rocked. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3071

:) April feels like a long time now. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Another massive fan here, got all his stuff and seen him twice. No sulking, he was on top form both times. Love his solo stuff but also in a band, Jacksonville City Nights is brill  <3
  • I do like a bit of Adams, a lot of solid, well-performed, arranged and recorded albums.  My main reservation is that he's never done anything that really blows me away.  Plenty of songs I'd class as "very good" nothing I'd class as "great".
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    Lebarque said:
    No words needed...

The singing on the first track is far removed from what I consider singing. Sorry, but I could only stick with your video for little more than one minute before the headache started....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• KKJale said:
    Can I post one of my favourite clips of RA, when he's bust his arm skateboarding and can't even play? Jon Graboff on pedal steel. What an outro. 

I was at that show. Was incredible 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BTW if you go on the Ryan Adams archive on facebook there are a couple of links to two new songs.

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    edited January 2019
    Got an email for Ryan Adams Royal Albert Hall Show, the VIP Pinball Lair experience is unfortunately £153

https://www.gigsandtours.com/event/ryan-adams/royal-albert-hall-london/1306007

edit: last available ‘normal’ seats are £63  :/. Would love to see him sometime, but it’s a bit too expensive for me atm, but it’s a lovely venue with great sound.

Anyone else got tickets to this tour?