New Strymon...

What's Hot

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    clarkefan said:
    Is the original Echorec such a famous thing? If they wanted to replicate a tape delay wouldn't they go for at least the Echoplex?
    It's a pretty unique thing, using a spinning disc, rather than tape or chips to create the delay. 

Good detailed writeup here:  http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=74

It's a really great delay sound, so I could see it being popular. Though not sure it justifies a whole big-size pedal for that alone. Maybe it'll just be Timeline2.
    One possibility is that it's a Timeline 2 with an Echorec built in.

I was wondering about the big box drive pedal idea.  Wonder if you could build in cabinet emulation, and compete with all the modellers out there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30882
    Fretwired said:
    Well I guess @Gassage would buy a shedload ... but it would be hardly a major announcement from a company that has a wide range of echoey pedals ..  ;-)

On the other hand they could be going into amp modelling .. that would be big and a departure from purely effects.

I am chairman of the Strymon haters club. Not a chance.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Gassage said:
    Fretwired said:
    Well I guess @Gassage would buy a shedload ... but it would be hardly a major announcement from a company that has a wide range of echoey pedals ..  ;-)

On the other hand they could be going into amp modelling .. that would be big and a departure from purely effects.

What happens if they come out with a pedal that perfectly replicates David Gilmour's sound, that you can't distinguish from all the Cornish ones?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    crunchman said:
    Gassage said:
    Fretwired said:

What happens if they come out with a pedal that perfectly replicates David Gilmour's sound, that you can't distinguish from all the Cornish ones?

Nope. I am stubborn.

Gassage said:
    crunchman said:
    Gassage said:
    Fretwired said:

Nope. I am stubborn.
    What would you do if Gilmour himself started using one?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    crunchman said:

I've been told that Strymon is producing a pedal called the Gilmore - Timeline shaped unit with Dave's basic pedal board for all those classic tones .. ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Anderton's have posted something cryptic ... could be more than one announcement so an Echorec  could be on the cards but not the big announcement. They hint at a multi-FX box with delays and reverbs etc from other Strymon pedals. Could be a load of balls but then why post it?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    crunchman said:
    Gassage said:
    crunchman said:
    Gassage said:
    Fretwired said:

Nope. I am stubborn.
    Well, have a look at my board and I think you'll find, out of 14 pedals I own, there's one that's the same as Gilmour's, which is an electric mistress.

So why would I?

• Gassage said:
    crunchman said:
    Gassage said:
    crunchman said:
    Gassage said:
    Fretwired said:

Nope. I am stubborn.
    Well, have a look at my board and I think you'll find, out of 14 pedals I own, there's one that's the same as Gilmour's, which is an electric mistress.

So why would I?
    Dave Gilmour buys pedals that Gassage has on his board
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Gassage said:
    crunchman said:
    Gassage said:
    crunchman said:
    Gassage said:
    Fretwired said:

Nope. I am stubborn.

So why would I?

Well, he certainly has bought a Ram's Head Muff and an original Powerboost off me.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    Gassage said:
    crunchman said:
    Gassage said:
    crunchman said:
    Gassage said:
    Fretwired said:

Nope. I am stubborn.

So why would I?

Well, he certainly has bought a Ram's Head Muff and an original Powerboost off me.
    Did you sign them?
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    Gassage said:
    crunchman said:
    Gassage said:
    crunchman said:
    Gassage said:
    Fretwired said:

Nope. I am stubborn.

So why would I?

Did you sign them?
    No I fear he did ‘other things’ to them. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    rack mount versions of the big box has been something they have hinted at in the past 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16082
    I think it will be an Expensive pedal............they're very good at those.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    This will have to be tiny and incredible to make me feel any regret at all for buying the Boonar.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    Flawless digital emulation of a stacked Boss Metal Zone and a Dod American Metal.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4689

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776

More delay stuff... very disappointing!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:

More delay stuff... very disappointing!
    Yep, looks like it. It's what they're good at though, I guess. An Echorec was always going to be the grail for them, really, let's face it.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    edited January 2019
    I'm gonna sound a heathen I know but in a live context who the hell can tell the difference with different delay types   I won't be buying one 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom