New Strymon...

What's Hot

Comments

• the amount of people wetting their pants in anticipation of being allowed to buy another £500 digital delay pedal makes me wonder about us lot...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    That’s the only thing that makes you wonder about us?! 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 237
    the amount of people wetting their pants in anticipation of being allowed to buy another £500 digital delay pedal makes me wonder about us lot...
    We are lightweights - gear page thread at 20 pages!
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    mattdavis said:
    That’s the only thing that makes you wonder about us?! 

You think we're bad.  The TGP thread was 20 pages last time I looked.

Someone on their managed to get some more pictures.  The banner picture on the Strymon website had a filename ending in 2, so he changed to the URL to 3, and got some pictures that haven't yet been released.  Definitely looks to be Echorec inspired.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Volante = Disco Volante = Echorec (Italian, discs).
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    I'm not particularly bothered about the pedal itself, I just like a treasure hunt. And I like things that generally push the industry forward, as that helps make the other pedal companies try harder as well. It's win-win
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    It's an Echorec modeller/looper

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Fretwired said:
    It's an Echorec modeller/looper
    I read through the TGP and if the looper assumption is correct I may be very interested in this. Especially if the looper has the Echorec charactistics, this could bump Thermae off the board.......
    How very rock and roll
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763
    BOOOORING
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30882
    edited January 2019
    Delcaring my hand...

If the new Strymon product happened to be a rack Echoplex or of that ilk, then colour me very interested.

I want you to remember this should I be targeted for absolute hypocrisy.

I have screen shot this in case I am ever indicted.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30882
    Although someone 'in the know' suggested it's a rack multi fx?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    People on here crying foul of a high quality Echorec/Looper pedal but still get all over excited about some new overdrive pedal.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Gassage said:
    Although someone 'in the know' suggested it's a rack multi fx?

Pictures that have been seen so far suggest pedal format.  Don't know if they would do a rack as well.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8790
    It’s an answering machine. 
    And Teasmaid in one convenient domestic unit
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4689
    Dopesick said:
    People on here crying foul of a high quality Echorec/Looper pedal but still get all over excited about some new overdrive pedal.
    It did cross my mind.  £400 on a tweaked Marshall Bluesbreaker is okay, but a similar amount on a digital pedal with potentially thousands of hours of R&D is problematic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    the amount of people wetting their pants in anticipation of being allowed to buy another £500 digital delay pedal makes me wonder about us lot...
    ...I just want to find out so I know which Chinese knock off to look out for in 6 months. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • If it works like a sort of El Capistan / Deco crossover, with two virtual discs so you can use one as a looper and one as a delay, then it might be very cool  
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4689
    ...I just want to find out so I know which Chinese knock off to look out for in 6 months. 

At this rate the Mosky or Nux copy will come out before the real thing :#

This will be harder to knock off than the average overdrive circuit.  Writing the code for it is a different order of complexity than an overdrive.  I've built myself pedal "inspired by" a well known green overdrive - as have thousands of others.  I wouldn't know where to start on one of these.

With enough time and effort, I could probably buy a Raspberry Pi, and figure out how to write the code for a very basic delay, but I could probably make 20 different overdrive knockoffs for the same amount of effort.

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    crunchman said:

This will be harder to knock off than the average overdrive circuit.  Writing the code for it is a different order of complexity than an overdrive.  I've built myself pedal "inspired by" a well known green overdrive - as have thousands of others.  I wouldn't know where to start on one of these.

With enough time and effort, I could probably buy a Raspberry Pi, and figure out how to write the code for a very basic delay, but I could probably make 20 different overdrive knockoffs for the same amount of effort.

Vaguely recall that keylee’s DSP guy just taught himself when Robert decided to go digital..,

i imagine the nice thing is once you have the pedal architecture in place, all you need to do is develop new code... neunaber did that so well for the slate.