SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD : TecAmp Puma 300 bass head with bag (also good as poweramp for Helix)

fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23942
edited February 2019 in Amps £
Selling my TecAmp Puma 300.

It's a 300W bass amp that might actually be the lightest that has ever been on the market - it's only 2.1 lb /  1.15kg

It has a 4 band EQ and TecAmp's own TASTE control that turns it from a lean modern hifi tone to a more vintage mid heavy tone

It's made in Germany and has an excellent reputation for reliability.

It's super quiet in operation (NO FAN!) and gets far louder than it should at 300W. It's almost like TecAmp / Thomas Eich (the designer) have been honest with power outputs!

EDIT: It's also really good as a mono power amp for a Helix etc. I've used it like that for both guitar and bass duties with traditional cabs. Very loud and very flat. Just stick a cable into the LINE IN.

When you go looking for these you will notice that TecAmp do still exist - as a USA company. TecAmp and their chief designer Thomas Eich went their separate ways a few years ago. Thomas Eich set up Eich amplification, and TecAmp moved their production out of Germany to somewhere else.

This is a German built one from when Eich was still there. The Eich equivalent is the T-300. Although the Eich is a little heavier as they've since added magnets in the bottom to stick to their new cabs.

It's in excellent condition. There's a smidge of crackle in the volume control right at the very bottom - transitioning from Zero volume to letting bass goodness though, but that's it.

It's only been used in the Jazz / Swing big band I play with and in the house.

I've not seen many come up for sale used - there's only 1 showing on ebay at £385 ish + shipping and doesn't come with the bag.

So say about £350 including shipping to the UK or near offer.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments