NPD: Orange Fur Coat

What's Hot
grayngrayn Frets: 880

Always been more into overdrive and distortion really but I've always enjoyed playing and listening to psychadelic rock.
And enjoy fuzz, in that setting.
So I investigated some alternatives and decided to go and try out the J Rockett Hooligan and the Orange Fur Coat.
I actually really liked both pedals.
The Hooligan, with it's super compact and solid as could be, styling and it's great, responsive sounds.
And the Fur Coat, with some lovely, smooth, vintage fuzz, with some added octave effect that is really, very subtle.
Could have gone home with either but found the more vintage tones of the Orange and it's wacky graphics, more to my taste.
Very much enjoying getting the sound just right, in my set up.
Lots of tweaking the Fuzz, Octave, EQ and Volume controls.
Cool.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• grayngrayn Frets: 880

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    These look ace. I'm a Noob so find it hard to justify buying pedals, but have been looking at these for a while thinking they look like loads of fun. It's much cheaper, but I bought an Op-Amp Big Muff a few months ago and absolutely love Fuzz now, having thought I hated it previously. There's something about these Fur Coat ones that is really appealing.

andyp said:
    These look ace. I'm a Noob so find it hard to justify buying pedals, but have been looking at these for a while thinking they look like loads of fun. It's much cheaper, but I bought an Op-Amp Big Muff a few months ago and absolutely love Fuzz now, having thought I hated it previously. There's something about these Fur Coat ones that is really appealing.

Yeah Fuzz is a beast that fits in so many genres.
    Love it's smoothness and also it's dirty primitive side, too.
    The Fur Coat is really fitting in, on my board.
    And the octave gives variety by thickening the tone.
    It's nothing like an octave dividers.
    I use my TC Electronic Sub N Up for that.
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    When I hear it, I love the idea of the octave sound but I bought a Sub n Up and didn't really use it so decided to sell it despite really liking it. I'm just messing about and learning to play at home though.

After reading this yesterday I tried my Op-Amp muff with my Canyon delay on the octave setting with the delay time turned down low and it was pretty cool! I have been listening to some stuff lately that has this kind of vibe to it and it's inspiring me to try and push myself to start coming up with my own riffs... so I might well find I can justify one of these pedals in a few months. :)

I think you'll find the Fur Coat will give you some inspiration.
    The mega sustain you can get is really useful at times.
    You'll also find that different pickups react and sound completely differently to these effects pedals.
    I have found the Sub N Up to be very stable, far more than EHX's Micro POG.
    But I've only used it a lot with my Jazmaster.  They just gel really well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom