Missing Boss OD-2 control panel

What's Hot
revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
I unearthed some old nuggets from a distant corner of the loft last night including my old Boss OD-2.

It seems that during my Van Halen phase in the 1980s I removed the control panel:

I've used the Boss website to locate a local repair company, I just thought it would be worth asking if anyone on the forum has an idea of the best place I might go for a replacement?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    The only way you are likely to find a replacement is by cannibalising a dead example. Perhaps try a fine tipped sharpie. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    JezWynd said:
    The only way you are likely to find a replacement is by cannibalising a dead example. Perhaps try a fine tipped sharpie. 
    I have two or three dead Boss pedals - yes really... they do very occasionally die unrepairably - but none are OD-2Rs. In fact given that it's all discrete components inside it's pretty unlikely for one to be beyond repair, you'll probably need to find one where there's been a really bad battery leak or something like that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Roland will sell them to you, but they're not cheap.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    They're only about 20 - 30 quid.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom