Multi Effect Pedal

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• The GT8 is a fine unit, especially when it comes for free !  I'm going to propose an alternative solution.

I use a 1x12 cab with a H&K lunchbox amp.  I have a Boss ME-70, Digitech Trio and a Boss RC-30 looper.  I purchased an 8' length of black contiboard and built a shelf unit to go beneath the speaker.  It has two shelves which accommodate the pedals and two side "cheeks" which hold the multi psu and the amp footswitch the other side.  Your amp is slightly narrower than my cab, but you could do something similar.  It has a few advantages: 1. The speaker is now raised by about 8" so the sound radiates better.  2. I leave the pedals permanently connected so they  only have to be pulled forward when I want to use them.  3. The cables are stowed on the shelves behind the pedals so it is a very neat arrangement when not in use.  I can get a pic tomorrow if interested.
    Steve, yes I would be interested to see a pic if it isn't too much trouble!?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'll see if I can get a decent pic with flash later.  Otherwise it will be tomorrow.  Since I built it I've replaced the ME-70 with a TC Nova System, but the principle is just the same.
  • ionianionian Frets: 100
    I use a G1xon & rather like it. It's small, sounds pretty good & is really easy to use. 
    I use the Aux in to allow me to play along to Mp3s etc all the time, combined with my THR10 it's a great practice tool .
    The looper and drum machine are a great addition & add an extra dimension .
    The G1on sounds ideal for this use - small, a wealth of FX, sounds fine, and it's weaknesses (plastic construction) aren't an issue for noodling at home. Plus it's cheap as chips. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    ... Sorry for the boring content but just trying to think it out ...
    Nah, the devil is often in the detail. Something as simple as putting a four or six way mains extension cable under the desk will go a long way to solving your problem. Then it’s a question of which storage method suits you best.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Not the best pics but you'll get the idea.  This is my man cave, but I still like to keep it tidy.

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• @steveledzep Thanks for posting the photos as I'd conjured up something else in my mind to what you had done. Simple but effective. Yet again my mind is whirling.... I do like building things: ) 
  • Thanks @SlopeSoarer .  Just wish I could get the hang of posting pics, I wanted them all in one post.