SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED: Seymour Duncan Hot Rails (neck) Or any nice neck single coils?

MattayusMattayus Frets: 122
edited February 2019 in Parts £
Looking to get a JB (trembucker only please) and a Hot Rails neck. Black only.

No chewed up ex-direct-mounted abortions please! These are going in a pickguard so need to be able to suspend via normal pickup screws.

Cheers.

EDIT: all sorted!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    I have a trembucker JB (one rewound coil to original spec).
    See 11th post of this thread for details & photo http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/143063/tons-and-tons-of-pickups-everything-must-go-first-price-drop-pictures-added/p1

Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • MattayusMattayus Frets: 122
    edited January 2019
    Thanks for the offer but since this is for comparison's sake I need it to be completely stock.
    EDIT: Just scored a JB. Now I'm maybe back-tracking a little on the Hot Rails and might go back to having a true single coil in the neck... Something glassy and bitey though, with lots of treble and attitude. I've really enjoyed Dimarzio Area pickups in the past, something like that perhaps... Let me know what you've got!
    bump
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14410
    Mattayus said:
    Got a JB already. Now I'm maybe back-tracking a little on the Hot Rails and might go back to having a true single coil in the neck.
    Allow me to suggest the Duncan SJBJ-1N. Nice output balance with a TB-4 and a less raspy tone than Rails pickups. The pole screws do not align perfectly with the strings but this does not seem to detract from the tone.

As you can probably guess, I have one of these BUT it is white and I have a possible outlet for it locally. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Ah interesting. I never even knew they made a neck version. All together though, not really my thing. I quite like a sizeable amount of chime and rasp in my neck pickups, and don't mind so much about the output differential. Thanks for the heads up anyway!
  • Get the Hot Rail Neck and coil split it.. that’s what I’ve been doing it sounds amazing!
    Yeah man that's the plan! I used to have that exact set up in another guitar and it was killer.
    bump for something, anything. single coil me up!