Ernie Ball Paradigm - any good???

Are these worth the extra cashola??

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    Yes in my opinion - I have used a range of strings over the years, and settled on Ernie Ball a few years ago, mainly because of their consistancy and durability. If fitted correctly they rarley break. Last year I thought I would try the Paradigm, and was very impressed. A set of strings generally lasts me 4 weeks at maximum before they need changing usually, but the Paradigm last at least twice as long, and the tone you get from the wound strings is outstanding (the plain strings are not coated, but are in my opinion better than plain strings on standard Ernie Ball sets) so to sum up yes they last longer, and the tone is better. Whether they are worth it is very subjective, but I suggest you try a set and see for yourself.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26912
    I didn't like em on acoustic, but I don't like Elixirs on acoustic either. 

Might be ok for electric
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

I beat the living shit out my guitars strings live and never broken a paradigm. Regularly EBs would get a break, usually the practice after 5 or so gigs. had a set of paradigms on for 15+ gigs, and some practices in between; which started to get grubby, but I hadn't got round to getting spares ordered!

Also improved the tuning stability of my Cu24 even more. I now tune before a set - play two songs, tweak slightly to accommodate for change in temperature more than anything, and its lasted until end of set ( roughly 40 mins of sweat and abuse). Regular EBs I'd tweak every 2 or 3 songs.

I still put standard EBs on the guitars that don't leave the house, or just get grabbed for a practice. But the two giggers are always gonna be paradigms now.

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

should also add; I used to always carry a spare guitar incase of string breakages on stage.

now unless its an important gig (supporting a big band / getting paid proper), I'll just take one guitar.

easier load in / less stuff to potentially get stolen/damaged - worth it for me.

• neilgneilg Frets: 94
    I broke two paradigms when they been on the guitar less than a month so I switched back to d'addario nyxl's.
  • I've honestly not broken a string for years. So that's not my worry really. Longevity and retained clarity and brightness is. My fingers leak acid like a xenomorph, so I kill strings quicker than Sigourney Weaver.

Bye!