SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

[sold] VINTAGE VS6 Mick Abrahams Signature (SG Special copy, upgraded P90s, wiring, pots)

What's Hot
bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
edited March 2019 in Guitars £
 Just put some fresh Power Slinkies on it to take photos and it really is a fantastic sounding guitar.

• Alegree "Sea Smoke" set
  • CTS true vintage taper pots
  •  I put a switchcraft pickup switch in
  • non-reflector knobs added

Full disclosure - Shiva is covering two small holes where some eejit [me] accidentally screwed the neck pickup in too far. The sticker works for that 60s George Harrison/Clapton thing 

Action is quite low at the minute and the bridge could go a bit lower still, but not much.

There's a deep ding on the front of the headstock near the low E string post (from before I owned it) but nothing's been broken.

I would like £250 for it as-is, with the upgraded pickups and wiring. That's collected from Birmingham, and I'll include a gear4music hard case if it's collected.

I can put it back to stock if someone wants it cheaper but... it honestly sounds so much better with @Alegree 's pickups in it.

Can't do trades at this time, need to raise cash.
Please feel free to get in touch with offers/questions/whatever!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    bump, it's only FS here at the mo, coz I haven't got around to opening up the floodgates of facebook/gumtree wackjobs
    bump
    BUMP
  • MototechMototech Frets: 102
    Must agree about the Alegree Sea Smoke pickups, I have a set in a 1998 PRS McCarty Soapbar & they are the best P90's I have ever used & I have been through a fair few P90 guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    hey ho let's go
    Bump
    please someone buy this before the weirdo on facebook (who keeps messaging "still available?" late at night) tries to track me down and murderise me
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335 said:
    please someone buy this before the weirdo on facebook (who keeps messaging "still available?" late at night) tries to track me down and murderise me
    Sorry about that, I'll chill out. On an unrelated topic, how long do you think it would take before someone might notice you were missing? Asking for a friend.

Jokes aside I've been really getting into Specials so one of these has been on my want list for ages, but I've got to shift one or two of mine first. Hopefully getting rid of one next week so might be in touch. 
    bump
    brump
    I’m 5mins down the road from the show this weekend if anyone’s interested
    I'll figure out some packaging if someone here doesn't want to come to brum
    Just-bought-something, need cash bump!!!
    still here, motivated to sell!
    I've got a shipping box, it's got a hard case., so I'm ready to get a quote if somebody does want it shipped. Happy to negotiate splitting shipping costs as well.