What's Hot
LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
GAK content...

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    Inexpensive, fun, modifying project platform. 

How much more inexpensive will they be ex-demo or pre-owned?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    The race to the bottom is getting good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Steve922Steve922 Frets: 38
    edited January 2019
    I have a black one of these, though I paid the princely price of £90 for it. Its fine, play it every day. Not quite the quality of my Pacifica 112V but it is very light (2.5 kg (5.5 lbs) including cheapo strap). I'm well pleased with it. :-)
  • Every year parents are cajoled into buying an electric guitar for their offspring.  They haven't a clue so end up buying some Encore (or similar) shite.  Kid is disappointed, nothing much to show off to mates, so doesn't knuckle down to learn.
    Now.....if they had an LP with Epiphone on the headstock, that would be a reason to learn and pose ! 
    Brands are powerful motivators !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • They probably need a bit of tinkering with in order to play nicely but nevertheless a great bargain .
  • alexhalexh Frets: 58
    Every year parents are cajoled into buying an electric guitar for their offspring.  They haven't a clue so end up buying some Encore (or similar) shite.  Kid is disappointed, nothing much to show off to mates, so doesn't knuckle down to learn.
    Now.....if they had an LP with Epiphone on the headstock, that would be a reason to learn and pose ! 
    Bull sheet!
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    I've never played a fundamentally bad Epiphone.  Never played one this cheap either of course.

Andertons are pushing their new container-full of Eastcoast branded guitars as well for £150-£200 or so.

Also a huge range of Harley Bentons

Lots of great choices in the cheap as chips bracket these days.

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7336
    A student (mature guy) has one and is not bad. A student fumbling around on it sounds shite, but a good player can make it very usable.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7846
    Perfect starter guitar!  
  • they might be quite playable and a good starter guitar but to me they look a bit toy like
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    might be great to stick heavy strings on, give it a high action and have as a dedicated slide guitar. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3900
    Bargain. I'm tempted.

Not sure why someone has lolled the OP. Must be a mistake, hopefully.
  • But, but, but...
    This is all well and good, but it's NOT a Les Paul.

It's a Melody Maker. 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    But, but, but...

It's a Melody Maker. 

I have a Gibson Melody Maker and it is a decent guitar, a lot better than it looks.  One pickup and a volume control - what more do you need?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • alexh said:
    Every year parents are cajoled into buying an electric guitar for their offspring.  They haven't a clue so end up buying some Encore (or similar) shite.  Kid is disappointed, nothing much to show off to mates, so doesn't knuckle down to learn.
    Bull sheet!
    Thank you for your kind words, I'm unused to being responded to so rudely.  Your thoughts on the £84 Epi LP might have been a little more interesting.  I sometimes disagree with other peoples' viewpoints too and I usually find that a discussion can be enlightening to both parties.  I recommend that you don't use your keyboard warrior style in your day to day life as it will probably lead to you being a contributor on the "Cracked Ribs" thread.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Rocker said:
    But, but, but...

It's a Melody Maker. 

I have a Gibson Melody Maker and it is a decent guitar, a lot better than it looks.  One pickup and a volume control - what more do you need?
    I agree. I LOVE Melody Makers, I can't understand why this guitar is being advertised as a Les Paul .
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    57Deluxe said:
    A student (mature guy) has one and is not bad. A student fumbling around on it sounds shite, but a good player can make it very usable.
    I’m quite sure that’s true - but isn’t that the case with any half-decent guitar? A complete beginner doesn’t need or isn’t going to get the full benefit from a custom shop job. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    AlexC said:
    57Deluxe said:
    I’m quite sure that’s true - but isn’t that the case with any half-decent guitar? A complete beginner doesn’t need or isn’t going to get the full benefit from a custom shop job. 
    To be fair, neither are 95% of the players who punt for custom shops full stop ;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...