Trying to find a replacement nut

Hi all,

The high E on my Fingerbone Strat is compromised by the nut- it has started to twang excessively (and irritatingly) all the time and it never used to. I think maybe the string has dug in a little too deep.

I've no idea what sort of nut it is- I can't see anything resembling it on the net and im unsure what it is made of.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• drawisdrawis Frets: 6

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72246
    It's some sort of black plastic by the look of it. It looks like the sort of thing that would be used to replace a removed Floyd Rose locking nut if you were converting the guitar to a non-locking bridge. I thought you could buy those from somewhere online, but I can't find them now - I'm either wrong or not searching the right terms...

Your best bet is probably to have a new one made from either Corian or bone by copying the dimensions - but it won't be that cheap because there's quite a lot of work in it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein