SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Roland VG99 & VG88

GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2629
edited June 2019 in FX £
For sale, boxed Roland VG99 

Quite a venerable piece of equipment now, but still suprisingly effective. Rather than trying to list all the things it can do, I'd suggest downloading the manual and looking through it - http://eg.roland.com/support/by_product/vg-99/owners_manuals/ ;

Includes mains adaptor and GK cable. Also the manual if I can find it (same thing as linked above but in paper form).

On the one hand, using a Roland-ready guitar with 13pin cable, it will simulate all sorts of electric and acoustic guitars, on the other those guitars can be run through a huge range of virtual effects and amplifiers. It connects directly to a computer to work as a USB interface. You can even plug a normal guitar into it to get access to the effects and the amps (though not the guitar models). In addition to that it can do two virtual guitars at the same time. It also functions as a guitar-to-MIDI converter. 

Look, I'll say it and be torn to shreds - very much the Helix of its day, and in some ways it stands up better than it really ought

I'm still very attached to it (this is the one that was attached to my computer for recording, the one I used for live I'm holding on to). 

£350 collected or handed over in South/Central London.

Also available: VG88 with version 1 software. 

I never got round to upgrading to version 2 - I was using it so much I didn't have the chance to send it away to Roland to be upgraded, a potentially device-bricking operation. The upgrade added a couple of amp models and sitar and fretless guitar models, which was all nice-to-have but not essential. I think it might technically be 20th century technology - it doesn't do the gtr=>MIDI (it has MIDI sockets, but just for data dumps/external controllers) and as it's 16bit rather than the 99's 24bit the sound is less convincing. It seemed like a miracle when I was using it regularly, though.

£50 collected or handed over in South/Central London.

Am willing to post at cost, but not sure as yet how much that would be. 

Am selling a couple of GK-equipped guitars as well, and would happily bundle.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments