SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Two Roland-ready guitars - Pacifica (TeleMods modded), Switch Vibracell

What's Hot
GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2627
edited March 2019 in Guitars £
[Both guitars now sold]

Two Roland-ready guitars - until I encountered the FretBoard, I was all VG99 simulated and these are two of the cheaper GK-equipped guitars I used (I'm also going to be listing a VG99 and a VG88 in the £FX section, so bundling is a possibility)

Roland-ready Yamaha Pacifica 120s 
Modified by TeleMods, who also reshaped the headstock and put their name on it, which is fairly naughty, I think, but I'm not representing it as anything other than what it is - an upgraded Pacifica. The Yamaha copyright and CE mark was retained on the back of the body, as you can see. 

Telemods also swapped the pickups for Seymour Duncans, added locking tuners (Axetec, I think) and a brass Earvana nut (they're usually listing something on Ebay, or go to their site to see what they do). As you can see it went through the wars a bit before it reached me, but it plays well and does its synth access job perfectly. 

(SOLD) Roland-ready Switch Vibracell Innovo-IV MIDI 
Not made out of wood, apparently, the body and neck being cast in one piece out of a material called Vibracell. 

I'm fairly vague about the model, and googling is just making it worse, but I'm guessing Innovo III with internal GK pickup. 

Not quite as out-there looking as some of the other Switch models. Actually quite nice-feeling and playing (I particularly like the Wilkinson trem), but it really hasn't had any use for a long, long time. Don't bother @HarrySeven with it, I suspect he's long past been-there-done-that with these. If you're prepared to wait, it might even be collectable in some way. If you want something for guitar synthiness it even has the right look (without actually making you seem like a lesser member of Sigue Sigue Sputnik).

In both cases they were sold as GK-3 - researching the Switch made me doubt it in that case, and doing more research has made me doubt my sanity in both. However, both pickups seem to function the same (unless anyone here can tell me differently). 

£200 each, collected or handed over in South/Central London.

Am willing to post at cost, but not sure as yet how much that would be. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4665
    edited January 2019
    Guessing is is going to be right up @HarrySeven street 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I suspect he's seen the Switch before, but would be interested if he can shed any light on it. As for the other one - I expect it's too dowdy for him. That said, it was a very good workhorse guitar (as Pacificas tend to be, I think), with the added kink of it being a workhorse synth-access guitar. 
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    Did someone say my name?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

@Grangousier - I have indeed have a few of these (GK versions) before...including an identical black one. Quite nice guitars, all told. Prices seem to be all over the place -  the last one I purchased was £100 via eBay, bundled with a Roland GI-10 and 13-pin cable.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

You’re right re. workhorse - they’re a wee bit bland, but do what it says in the tin (indeed, with the GK bonus). I’ve often considered another. 

• Really? Bum... what I could find with the GK was a bit higher than I'm asking. Like many people I've no idea what a viable price for something like this would be. Most of the stuff I find by googling seems to be other people scratching their heads. 
    Really? Bum..Most of the stuff I find by googling seems to be other people scratching their heads. 
    Indeed. :(

There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to values, probably due to the point you state above!

Personally, I reckon £200-£250 is a good price for a decent GK-enabled guitar - I’ve certainly seen people ask more for GK Switch models.

By the way...IIRC, your guitar is an Innovo-IV MIDI.

• Many thanks for that. It's the first time I've posted to sell a guitar of any kind and I think I might be going through the Stages of Selling (1. Overconfidence; 2. Optimism; 3. Doubt ... don't know what the next stages are as I'm still stuck on Doubt). I'll drop the prices on here and try them on Reverb and (shudder) Ebay in a few days.
  • Is the Switch guitar still for sale? 
  • PM'd
  • The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Switch Vibracell SOLD
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2627
    Both guitars now SOLD.