SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD ! Viscount DB5 - Hammond B3 style clone plus bass pedals, stand and maybe the Leslie 145

lentolento Frets: 116
edited January 2019 in Studio & Rec £
The Viscount DB-5 

I bought this from @Wonderland just before Xmas with the intention of using it with my Leslie 145 in the home studio. Have decided that I don't really think I'm going to use it as much as I thought so it's back up for sale. I had it on Ebay last week for £500 but will sell it on here for £450 which is what I paid for it plus fuel expenses. It originally had a few faults with notes on certain drawbars not working properly but I've since found out it's the onboard Rotary switch which does this - and if you use a Leslie or clone all works as it should.
May decide to let the Leslie go as well. It won't work with the organ as is (Leslie is 6 pin, organ is 11 pin) but there is an adaptor kit that will do it, as well as a guitar, keyboard or anything that outputs on a standard jack.

This is from the Ebay ad:
I believe this is an organ originally produced by Oberheim (as the OB-5) then taken over by Viscount and rebranded.
There are some scratches and marks to the Walnut casing and rubbery control surface but generally it's in good condition.
It has the last known Operating System (2.2) which was a considerable update and improvement over the original release.

Waterfall keys
50 memories and 14 presets which can be stored and recalled.
Effects include Reverb, Vibrato/Chorus, Echo and Overdrive - all editable and storable
Scaling, Percussion, Click Noise can be edited.
Comprehensive Midi controllable.
Onboard 11 pin Leslie connection.
Bass pedals and Expression pedal with Rotary kick switch.
PDF User manual 

However, it has a couple of known faults.

1: In the Rotary 'On' position one note is low level and this depends on which drawbar is used. With Rotary 'Off' all works fine.
2: The stereo outputs and headphone output appear to be mono. I would have expected the Rotary horns to move from left to right ....
In reality this isn't an issue as the use of a Leslie or clone is far better than any onboard rotary. 

All other functions appear to be fully working.

Weight: Approx 37kgs

Dimensions: 1160 (W) x 509 (D) x 197 (H) mm
With Stand :                                x  980 (H) mm

£450 for the organ. £1100 with Leslie

Will post pictures later .....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lentolento Frets: 116
    edited January 2019
    g
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lentolento Frets: 116