SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: A medium/low drive pedal that doesn’t boost volume

ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
So, I’m after a pedal that adds drive at the volume you are playing at. Let me explain; I play at home but at decent volume. I have tried a few different pedals but, as soon as I engage any gain there’s way too much volume boost. I end up with the volume and gain knob nearly off. I can see that the pedals I’ve tried are great in a live situation to boost a lead section, etc. At home not so much.

Ones I’ve tried:

MXR Custom Badass OD
Nobles
One Control Strawberry (soon to be for sale on here)
Okko Diablo (this wasn’t bad, should have kept it)
Theres a few more TS type which I can’t remember.

The main problem seems to be the sensitivity of the volume control.

Any thoughts?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    got a liquid sunshine for sale

also thinking of selling a hiwatt tube drive pedal (i have 2) which might do the job.
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    The Bogner La Grange I'm selling would be right up your street if you're after Marshall flavours :)
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    Have you tried using your OD pedal to 'under-drive' the amp? Set your amp to the gain/crunch/lead you want but then use the pedal to tame it for cleans? This vid explains it - don't see why the concept shouldn't work with normal overdrives...

• mfinmfin Frets: 41
    I have an MI Effects Crossover Drive in the classifieds which is a possibility, look it up.
  • I have an Anarchy Audio Gold Class Overdrive that I’d potentially part with. Check it out - with the toggle in one position, the pedal’s volume control when at full tilt is unity level of your signal. Exactly what you’re looking for I think
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    I have an Anarchy Audio Gold Class Overdrive that I’d potentially part with. Check it out - with the toggle in one position, the pedal’s volume control when at full tilt is unity level of your signal. Exactly what you’re looking for I think
    Now that sounds interesting - I'll check it out and get back to you
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    I have a Keeley Red Dirt Mini for sale at the moment. Mini enclosure. Nice and cheap. Basically a tubescreamer with all the mods Keeley do on it, with 4 internal dipswitch positions for different gain/openness.compression characteristics. 

Will do exactly what you are after. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.