Bit boring, but found a good amp stand..

What's Hot
tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
edited January 2019 in Amps
That'll take an oversized 2x12 and head.

Certainly more stable than the other thing I've used for years. Had to have the amp right back against the wall sitting near straight up because the bumpers would roll on the shaft.

New one doesn't look like much, but it's heavy guage steel tube, and takes up to 50kg. The setup is stable and points the speakers at my head.

Onstage RS7500. There's even a thread for an amp boom on the back support. Compared with the old one in the last pics.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    Hit post before I'd finished adding pics.. all added now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Wow, that doesn’t look safe at all! The head is not even being supported, one little tug on the input lead and that’ll be the end of it...

Also, is the top edge of the cab just resting against the bare metal shaft? Might leave a dent after a while.
    edited January 2019
    Maynehead said:
    Wow, that doesn’t look safe at all! The head is not even being supported, one little tug on the input lead and that’ll be the end of it...

Also, is the top edge of the cab just resting against the bare metal shaft? Might leave a dent after a while.
    It's grand, trust me, given it a good shake, solid as a rock. The weight of the head is toward the back, there's no danger of it being tugged forward. Or if you mean the power lead, it's an IEC plug so it'll yank out.

WRT to the head though, to be fair that's a temporary position. This is the cab currently.

It's going for modification and re-tolexing next week. One of the modifications is a new top with no gap and a closed back.

At that point I'll shift the head back against the support bar.

Noticed that about the bumper pad, it slides up and down. Will get a spare so there's one supporting the cab and one supporting the head.
    edited January 2019
    Just went and yanked on the guitar lead and the IEC out of interest. They both just pulled clear out, nothing else moved.
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    tekbow said:
    Just went and yanked on the guitar lead and the IEC out of interest. They both just pulled clear out, nothing else moved.
    Yeah I was thinking more from a live venue point of view... if someone trips over one of the leads at an angle, it might not pull clean out, and might exert enough force to make the head pivot around the single back support and fall off. You could argue this may happen even without a stand, but having it at such an angle means less force is required.

As it stands (pun intended), the way it’s set up in your room is safe enough, as the wall will stop the head rotating far enough to fall off.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2019
    Maynehead said:
    tekbow said:
    Yeah I was thinking more from a live venue point of view... if someone trips over one of the leads at an angle, it might not pull clean out, and might exert enough force to make the head pivot around the single back support and fall off. You could argue this may happen even without a stand, but having it at such an angle means less force is required.

As it stands (pun intended), the way it’s set up in your room is safe enough, as the wall will stop the head rotating far enough to fall off.
    Ah, yeah, see what you mean. This is purely for home setup. Soldano cabs are pretty directional so, the sound issues with the cab being open in 2 places notwithstanding, its angled to point at my head while playing.

With the the previous stand, and its issues, the cab was pointed at my stomach, Before that, my knees. I could hear a difference if I ducked down and stood up.

Now the rock is slapping me in the face.
  • Sick amp!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    Maynehead said:

Yeah ........You'll have somebody's eye out with that !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom