NGD: I nearly Staind my pants...

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

So, been looking for one of these for YEARS and finally.. I found one. (For those who may reckonise it, its Sporkys old one...)  Its  Obviously, its an Ibanez MMM1 in very good used condition. After owning my RG1527, I kinda yearned for the low tuned stuff but couldnt find anything similar to this type thing until recently. I dont like trems or middle pick ups and Im such an Ibanez fan boy, I didnt like Schecters etc. I nearly pulled the trigger on a Fender blacktop but this is what I managed to find last minute. 

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

Now, the interesting part of this are the pick ups. They are made by Q-tuner but thats all I know about them really. 

So, yeah, pretty stoked!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    Very nice, interesting pickups any more info on them?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27453
    Congrats on getting that sorted out!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    Funky pups

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Of course, couldnt have done it with TTony so thank you for that matey!

Ive seen the Q-tuner pick up site but mine arent listed on there.. more investigation must take place when I get 5 mins :) 

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Yes they are - look on the 'about us' page
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Excellent GASsage that man

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    edited April 2014
    Is it my eyes or are the through body string ferrules misaligned with the bridge ?

It looks lovely though !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I was intrigued by this statement on the QTuner site:

QUOTE This Q-Tuner “powerhouse” is insusceptible to feedback and 100% humbucking action is ensured.UNQUOTE,

followed elsewhere by

QUOTE Please note that Q2.0′s are hypersensitive and require shielding/grounding of both the pickup and electronics cavities. UNQUOTE

I'd have thought that (a) grounding would be required for any pickup, the Q2.0 being no exception and (b) the first clause should obviate any need for further shielding.

Although there are times when a guitarist doesn't want feedback, I wonder if being insusceptible to feedback is always a virtue!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Like it! 28" scale length? Mighty!
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • Do want!
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Jalapeno;220052" said:
    Is it my eyes or are the through body string ferrules misaligned with the bridge ?

It looks lovely though !

They do splay out but its just the angle the picture is at which makes it look really wonky..

As far the pick ups go, Im not a massive fan of them as it stands as they arent very hot sadly and Id be looking for something with a bit more push..
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    Jetfire said:
    Of course, couldnt have done it with TTony so thank you for that matey!

Ive seen the Q-tuner pick up site but mine arent listed on there.. more investigation must take place when I get 5 mins :) 

those are the old ones - the 2.0 versions have only just come out in the last couple of months. You can adjust them via the little holes in the top so that might make a difference to the sound; the ones I've got are certainly very hot, but very clean sounding too. I recorded some of the demos on the q-tuner site using the old ones you've got. 
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    What strings has it got on it? Sporks had tapewounds on it for a while.

If only MR hadn't destroyed all the history you'd have info on when he made the mods, why etc etc....

I definately remember him putting those in.