CIOKS DC7 Power Supply

HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15957
This quiet enough this unit........work well and any love?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15957
    edited January 2019
    OK then, no reply....what about the cioks stuff in general, they any brilliant?
    tae be or not tae be
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 795
    edited January 2019
    I have a DC-5 which is great. Absolutely no added noise that I can hear. I believe @Bowks has just bought a DC-7. 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1372
    Yeah the DC5 is ace and the DC7 looks like the next step up.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    edited January 2019
    It’s brand new - I doubt anyone has one yet. Switch mode so no transformer, so lighter, less noise, more output.

Cioks stuff is great, I’ve had two (only changed due to needing more power, now have a DC10 link). The only minor issue is they use their own plug types for the connection to the power unit, but they’re solid and you get plenty with the unit, and additions are cheap enough and easy to find.

• BowksBowks Frets: 414
    I have a DC-5 which is great. Absolutely no added noise that I can hear. I believe @Bowks has just bought a DC-7. 
    I’ve got a DC-7 and it’s happily powering an HX Stomp, Eventide H9 and a PolyTune on a Pedaltrain Nano+, and it’s not even running at 40% load.

I chose it as it’s able to power an HX Stomp, when used with a parallel adapter to deliver 1A at 9v, as well as the H9. It’s also tiny.

The connections are a little annoying, as I have a tone of cables from my other PSUs, but it ships with a lot of cables and they are cheap to buy, as long as you order them from Thomann at the same time as you order the DC-7!

it seems quiet, but I am not running a ton of crazy analogue circuits. It’s incredible to think this could usurp my big MC403 power supply on my big board, if I were to buy the extension unit.

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9583
    Been impressed with my DC8. No problem with the cables, they’re easily available, you could easily make your own as they’re only phono/RCA connectors. I actually enjoy the YouTube videos, the bloke behind the company knows his products and explains them well. You have to spend a bit of time figuring out which model is best for your needs though, with the currents and switchable voltages.