Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I think Sonos is the shittest thing in the world.

What's Hot
gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 894
edited January 2019 in Off Topic
I fucking hate it. Above anything else, it has been instrumental in preventing me from listening to more music and spoiling my mood than any other thing in the world. It's a device from fucking Satan.

I have two of the fucking cunts. A small one and a larger one and they are both complete shite. I spend 20 minutes fucking about with either the Sonos app or the Spotify app trying to get it to play the song I want before the mood passes, before giving up and throwing my phone / iPad / laptop across the room. I fucking hate it.

I used to have records. Put the fucking record on the fucking turntable. Play the fucking thing. Then I had CDs - put the fucking CD in the fucking CD player. Play the fucking thing. Now there's this shite. Fucking 15 fucking quid a month for Spotify for all the music in the fucking world and I never listen to a fucking thing.

And Alexa's fucking worse, except she scares the shit out of me by shouting at me for no reason when I'm standing in the kitchen, minding my own business, not saying a fucking thing.

They are all going in the crusher.

Fuck 'em.
35reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Something vexes thee??
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4164
    Fucking fuck. I agree,
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2158
    something about sonos?
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    edited January 2019
    The things we have to put up with these days.
    It wasn't like this during the war.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Son os a bitch
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6598
    Come off the fence. Say what you feel. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    Love my Sonos, works seamlessly makes it easy to consume music and they keep improving it.... 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFX said:
    Love my Sonos, works seamlessly makes it easy to consume music and they keep improving it.... 
    I hate you more than you can possibly imagine.
    27reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4065
    I went down the Yamaha MusicCast route with a mini hifi in the kitchen.  It's amazing.  Not only is it Dab, FM, CD, Wifi, Bluetooth etc, I can stream from my phone through it, stream spotify through it but the best thing is I can broadcast whatever is coming out of it through to ANY other bluetooth speaker in the house, which in my case is a soundbar in the lounge.  So with a single cheapish (compared to sonos) purchase I have a multiroom streaming sound system that's awesome.  And I can control it via an app on my phone over the wifi including switching it on/off.  Amazeballs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My rant has prompted me to look into this a bit more...a while back Sonos kind of discontinued the Sonos app, saying we should all start using the Spotify app to control everything. Looks like they have now re-vamped the Sonos app and we are now supposed to use that.

That seems to work fine.

As you were.
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I still hate Alexa though. Demented bitch.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • My old drummer had a Sonos system. Every time we went round to his, he was on the phone to their tech support, trying to get the thing to work. I made a note to never buy one.

We did just buy one of those little Chromecast audio thingumyjigs though, which is plugged into the hifi amp. It works perfectly. Thirty quid and the size of a Jaffa Cake!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    edited January 2019
    I have to admit I didn't know what Sonos is.  I just had to look it up.

I do know what Alexa is, my brother has it.  When he's cooking he says "give me a timer for 25 minutes" or "what's 3.5 times 75 grams?" and it gives him the answer, which is quite cool.  But I think it's spying on him.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 874
    It's spying on him. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Good rant, 7/10, spoiled only by recanting shortly after.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11414
    edited January 2019
    Philly_Q said:
    I have to admit I didn't know what Sonos is.  I just had to look it up.

I do know what Alexa is, my brother has it.  When he's cooking he says "give me a timer for 25 minutes" or "what's 3.5 times 75 grams?" and it gives him the answer, which is quite cool.  But I think it's spying on him.

It might well be spying on him.  Our Fire TV stick just broke, so we got a new one with the Alexa voice remote.  My daughters love it, but by the time they faff around with Alexa, I could load Youtube far quicker by just pressing the buttons.  You can get 5 minutes of fun out of Alexa by seeing what its reaction is when you ask it about Amazon's tax arrangements.

3.5 times 75 is 262.5.  Did it in my head.  If people are getting to the point where they need Alexa for things like that then we are in trouble.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    I have no clue what Sonos is. Presumably something like Alexa. On my shiny new iMac at work Alexa piped up out of nowhere. I told her to F*** off and she didn't like that, so I terminated her. I can do this because in her world I AM A GOD!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    I fucking hate it. Above anything else, it has been instrumental in preventing me from listening to more music and spoiling my mood than any other thing in the world. It's a device from fucking Satan.

I have two of the fucking cunts. A small one and a larger one and they are both complete shite. I spend 20 minutes fucking about with either the Sonos app or the Spotify app trying to get it to play the song I want before the mood passes, before giving up and throwing my phone / iPad / laptop across the room. I fucking hate it.

I used to have records. Put the fucking record on the fucking turntable. Play the fucking thing. Then I had CDs - put the fucking CD in the fucking CD player. Play the fucking thing. Now there's this shite. Fucking 15 fucking quid a month for Spotify for all the music in the fucking world and I never listen to a fucking thing.

And Alexa's fucking worse, except she scares the shit out of me by shouting at me for no reason when I'm standing in the kitchen, minding my own business, not saying a fucking thing.

They are all going in the crusher.

Fuck 'em.
    This could possibly be my fav post on FB ever 

i love you 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    I sense a forum double standard.
    Personal abuse of individuals is not allowed but abuse of inanimate objects is.
    I think we should stand up for the rights of machines.

You laugh now, but I imagine it will actually be a thing in 2100 or so.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    8/10 would read again.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom