WTB Strat blend Potentiometer SORTED

tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
edited February 2019 in Making & Modding
Hi all
I'm after a blend pot for a good quality blend pot for a Strat if anyone has one up for grabs?
Ta Muchly 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    The pot is just a pot. It is the way that it is wired that makes it a Blend control.
    Be seeing you.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    @Funkfingers I didn’t realise that. I thought it had some snake oil inside to take it completely out of the circuit  :)
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2418
    The pot is just a pot. It is the way that it is wired that makes it a Blend control.
    I guess what the OP is meaning is a no-load pot so that the blend control can be isolated from the circuit. i.e. the pure sound of the neck or bridge pickup can be heard with no tiny amount of the other pickup present. Whether that is actually necessary is arguable. It's worth trying a normal 250k pot before being limited by the availability of no-load pot types.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    Jimbro66 said:

It's worth trying a normal 250k pot before being limited by the availability of no-load pot types.
    Although Fender do a very nice quality no-load 250K pot, so it's not really a limitation.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    I’m just changing Pickguard in readiness for my refinished body... I thought i’d do the blend mod whilst it’s all out in the open :)